“Oyster lovers' heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rodney's Oyster House

Rodney's Oyster House
469 King St. West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 1K4, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
416-363-8105
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Richmond Hill, Canada
“Oyster lovers' heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I guess don't need to say too much about Rodney, the reputation speaks itself... The way they treat the food, the freshness of the oysters, the selections of other seafood... Gotta mention the place actually is quite casual, yet very lively... I feel the vibrancy yet at ease while dining in this Toronto downtown hangout... Don't forget, you almost have to make a reservation in order to secure any table, otherwise you will be disappointed not able to get in.

• Visited March 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Good food Teribble service !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Just visited a view hours ago . As I am in the industry myself I always appreciate other businesses .

Unfortunelly the service at Rodney,s oyster house is doing the food injustice . The service was not intrested in our business from the start and we were feeling not welcomed .

When we ordered our second order of oysters and it took well over 30 min we wanted to get the bill and go but we were totally ignored by our waitress , and even got angry looks ??

Never again ..

Toronto, Canada
“amazing food and fantastic service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The oysters are spectacular and I was very satisfied in the wine selection as well. The service was also amazing the night we were there. The atmosphere was fun and lively. I would highly recommend Rodney's for a great night out in T.O

• Visited February 2013
London
“Best Oyster place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Have been here numerous times when visiting Toronto and have yet to be disappointed. The oysters are always fresh, and the seafood is outstanding. It's a casual place with a very friendly staff. I suggest garb a stool at the bar, get the server to put a selection of oysters togther, get a white wine and dig in.

Toronto, Canada
“Rodney's Is "THE" Oyster House!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Rodney's is one of those rare restaurants where one can consider it the best and "signature of the city". My wife and I have eaten at many great restaurants and have craving favorites in certain cities. In Vancouver we think "Tojos" - best Japanese restaurant in the world. In Paris it is Joel Rubichon L'Atelier (though Paris has so many "WoW" restaurants only this place makes us reminisce about ridiculously good/memorable dining in Paris). In Chicago, we think of Gibson's (whole family rates it best steak house in the world - so above the next best steakhouse experience) as well as The Chinese restaurant in the Peninsula (by far the best upscale for Chinese). NY it is Blue Ribbon. Vegas is Spago. Stinking Rose in San Francisco. You get the drift. Rodney's sticks out as the restaurant as the place we would tell any friend visiting us in Toronto: "You have to go to Rodney's" (implying best oyster house in the world and a "signature of Toronto"). Secondary mentions would be Kaji (close to Tojos - and Tojos in VCR anyways) and Lee Garden (best Chinese supper place in the world - better than any of the many Chinese supper place in China/Hong Kong I've been to). My wife and I always prefer to sit at the bar as we enjoy watching the oysters being shucked while enjoying our meal. I love the periwinkles (too bad they are only around some of the time). And the quahogs with a great tasting broth (love dipping dark rye bread in it). and they have "birch beer", which is like root beer, but way nicer. We dine regularly at Rodney's, but mostly as a late night snack on weekends as a night out.