“Not impressed...” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Not impressed...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I’ve been to Queen’s pasta before and Saturday evening around 6:30 p.m., my friend and I wanted to stop for a glass of wine there. The downstairs hall was empty, just maybe guests dining at a couple of tables. My friend asked for a table for two, mentioning that we are stopping just for a glass of wine. After consulting with the manager, a waitress advised that they were not able to accommodate us. It is understandable that it was dinner time and we might have taken a couple of seats during a potentially busy period of the day. Then I asked if we could go to the bar, which was completely empty. The waitress replied negatively, even without consulting with the manager.

We will definitely share this experience with our friends.

Visited November 2012

65% Recommend
Toronto, Ontario
“This place has gotten a lot better.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I used to hate this place. Had a disappointing meal a few years ago, but decided to give it another chance this summer. Yum! Pastas are fresh and amazing & the desserts are to die for! I've been about three times this past summer. Can't wait to go back!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Bloor West Villages Gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Food is always consistent. Wait staff attentive.Must have a good following as it has the staying power in the village as compared to most that come and go. My "go to" restaurant when meeting my friends who always enjoy walking and shopping through Bloor West Village. Small menu, good pasta sometimes a litle to much swimming in sauce, fabulous salad with the grilled shrimp, calamari and a dollop of goat cheese....yummmmy!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lindsay, Canada
“Favorite Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We have eaten here a number of times as it is close to where my son lives. We have always been pleased with our meal. Good value for the money.

Visited July 2012
Hamilton, Canada
“Redo the Patio”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Let me start by noting that I love the restaurant & the consistently good food.
However, the outdoor patio really needs some improvements in my opinion.
Firstly, it seats more people than the indoor dining room so the owners really should consider spending some cash on it. The outdoor seating is on plastic chairs!, the water comes in plastic glasses!, the floor is cobblestone but slants away from the building and everyone sitting outdoors is on a slant. There are no table cloths on the scratched tables and the flower boxes have not been watered or fertilized: the sparse flowers are dead.
Just because one chooses to sit outside does not mean the decor should be substandard. Since the Queen's take out pasta store across the road has closed, the savings from that rental could surely be used to spruce up the restaurant patio. Canadians love to sit outdoors & this patio could be quite charming with some funds and effort by the owners.

• Visited August 2012