“Ok but errors in the kitchen” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2,456 of 6,796 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Ok but errors in the kitchen”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I met a friend for breakfast at this restaurant due to the convenience of our general location at the time. I arrived a few minutes early and was seated almost immediately. The restaurant was inside a mall and had a cafeteria atmosphere, where you are able to see almost every table if you are standing up. I ordered the California Florentine Benedict for $11.99 - Two poached eggs on top of pumpernickel bread, cream cheese, spinach, and Smoked Atlantic Salmon with Hollandaise sauce. Served with potato latkes. It was a large portion size but I thought the potato latkes were a bit burnt and lacked flavour. I did enjoy the meal and there was an unless amounts of coffee refills. My friend ordered Bacon & Eggs for $7.99 - 3 eggs prepared, served with 4 pieces of back bacon, chala toast and potato latkes. Although, my friend ordered back bacon they brought her regular bacon strips instead. The error was corrected and my friend was given the originally ordered back bacon. Generally items on the menu are reasonably priced. I was a little disappointed with the kitchen error since the restaurant at the time didn't have that many tables at the time. A few weeks after this visit, I ordered take out at the designated area of the restaurant. It took almost 35 minutes to get my fish and chips order. When I got home, I noticed my order was missing salad and most of the french fries. I didn't look at the take out box as I was in hurry and wanted to get home. I realized I paid full price for half of my meal. I was disappointed and couldn't be bothered to return to the restaurant as I had other priorities.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Reasonably priced.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

This is a very busy restaurant with an over 40 clientele. Breakfast is quite good for the price of $5.99, you can get toast, 3 eggs, bacon, fruit and coffee with free refills. Menu is quite extensive and htere is always something for everyone. Fabulous deserts which tempts you when you look at the dislay case. Take out is also available and portions are quite large. Have always had good service.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Extremely inappropriate manager”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went to the pickle barrel and got a ceasar and a grilled cheese with fries. The ceasar was alright but the fries were stale, soggy and cold, and the cheese on the grilled cheese was warmed but not close to melted. Not to big of a deal on it's own, so we just asked for new fries and they said it would be 5-6 minutes. 15 minutes later still no fries. The restaurant was only 1/4 full, so we asked to talk to the manager. He came over and had a very unpleasant attitude and demeanor. He didn't smile crossed his arms and leaned against the table across from us. We told him about the fries and with out responding he leaned over and fondled our fries right infront of us! Then he picked up the plate and turned to leave while saying he would get us a new one. They gave us a new one for free, but that was super unprofessional and disturbing that the manager would behave in such a way infront of us.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Markham, Canada
“Probably the worst pickle of them all”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

The first thing that went wrong was it took forever for the server to acknowledge that we had sat down; when they finally arrived it took another 10 minutes to bring the menu. I was really hungry and was ready to order within about a minute however it took another 10minutes for them to return. We finally ordered; waited for the food for about 25 minutes and then just left. I would've been more understanding if the restaurant was busy but it was virtually empty; now I know why.

Visited May 2011
Toronto, Canada
“Great snacks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

While I have yet to eat there directly, my office regularly orders finger food for our meetings from pickle barrel and it's always great.

I love their fruit and veggie platters but more than anything else I love their little finger sandwiches, whether it's the smoked salmon and cream cheese or the nutella and peanut butter...

Visited September 2011