“Just as good or better than in the past” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Barrie, Canada
“Just as good or better than in the past”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I used to go to this restaurant fairly often with friends in the past, but it had been quite a while since I had last been there. I was very pleased when we returned recently that the food and atmosphere was just as good as I remembered them to be. We were fairly early on a Sunday for dinner and there were few customers in the restaurant, but by the time that we left, many more diners were arriving. The service was friendly and quick.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Ooh my god, THE BEST LAMB...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I love lamb, and I have to say that their Lamb shank and Lamb souvlaki is awesome. One of the best lamb I ever had.

“SIMPLY THE BEST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I don't often write reviews, but after my experience at Pappas Grill last week I felt like they clearly deserved it. We were there with a group of friends, 10 of us to be exact. We booked a reservation online. When we arrived our table was dressed with linens, candles, menus and wine glasses. Our table was tucked into a beautiful spot at the front overlooking the Danforth. It was obvious that they put extra attention into our booking.

Our server was well versed in both the menu, wine selections and their Winter Prix Fixe Menu that most of us ordered off of. Great value and outstanding food! It was a three course meal including dessert for $25. Some of the offerings included fennel ouzo mussels...fantastic by the way...a zucchini trio that my wife had which consisted of grilled eggplant, melanzano, tomato and feta cheese drizzled in cilantro aioli, she loved it! I had the beef souvlaki as my main entree, my wife the oven roasted lamb shoulder. The food was just amazing. Cooked perfectly. Very flavorful. Excellent quality. We ordered the creme brulee and dark chocolate mousse for dessert....both made in house we were told....both delicious.

Pappas Grill will always be our first choice when we visit the Danforth!

• Visited January 2013
Toronto, Canada
“A great taste of the Danforth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Friendly Quality service - wine steward recommendations suited our food perfectly. Halibut dish superb; and mousaka brought memories of the best of Greece. When I mentioned that the salmon dish was a little dry (overcooked), the waitress without hesitation offered a replacement dish. WOW. I declined the offer.

• Visited October 2012
“Satisfying”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Shank of lamb was outstanding. Extremely moist and flavourable. Service was very good. The portions were just right. Calamari were tasty, but a little oily. The saganaki was delicious and highly recommend it. Overall, a very good choice.

• Visited September 2012