“The food is so good....” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British, Fish & Chips
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“The food is so good....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

The restaurant usually has lineups(depends when you go). Also, depending when you go-you can wait in line for a long time. But, the is worth the wait.
The staff does come and take your name so that no one can say that they were already there.
I would say that we waited at least 30 minutes.
The food was excellent.
The staff is always very pleasant.
The only negative was a bunch of people(3 older couples). Two of the men were acting like complete idiots. But that has nothing to do with the restaurant. It was just not good for anyone that was there for a meal out. They had to put up with the yahoos.
Tip: Do not go on a Friday or Saturday night without expecting to wait at least 1/2 hour.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Toronto
“The Best Fish & Chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

have been trying all sorts of fish and chips restaurant but this is the real deal. Have recommended it to so many friends and have made the same oustanding remark. Try the sea food plater and if you have a partner, let him or her just order the extra fish (no more chips). It's worth it.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Great meat pies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Service: I have sat in and the service was like a country family restaurant. The take out was painless as well. The food came out quick and I was on my way.

Decor: Slightly dated but I wouldn't change it.

Food: The fish and chips are good, probably one of the best in the city. Almost like a hidden gem. But, my new found favorite was the meat pie. The meat was extremely tender and the pie crust was delicious. My fussy 2 yr old couldn't stop eating mine.

Review: Midtown/uptown location is great for me and the food is good.

Reason for stars: I give it 4 stars and I will be returning.

Visited October 2011
Western Canada
“Heard about it - It's true! Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

We live in Western Canada and had seen a recommendation on Chowhound. It was excellent and I understand it has recently been renovated with a new addition that we were seated in at the rear. Parking is an issue and the line ups attest to it's quality.
I wanted the Scotch Pie but thet were out so I had the fish and chips with Haddock which was excelent. The actul restaurant was hot but at the back it was cool. After we were parked on a nearby street and walking to the restaurant there was a fish smell so I am not sure how happy the neighbours are. There was no odour in the restaurant. My wife had a chicken carsar which she ranked a perfect.
Our only mistake was we ordered the apple cobbler with ice cream for desert and couldn't finish it as we werre so full.
Dean in Canada

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Augustine
“Great Fish & Chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Best Fish & Chips. Also have a good selection of other food on the menu. Good service from a friendly staff.

• Visited August 2011