“Not Very Generous Serving” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mercatto

Mercatto
330 Bay St, Toronto, Ontario M5H2S8, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
416.306.0467
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Not Very Generous Serving”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I ordered the ravioli and tea. There were maybe 8 pieces of ravioli in a big bowl for $19.00 and the tea for $2.95 came in a big cup with the bag at the side. I would have preferred a pot of tea so I would not have to ask for another cup of hot water. When the waitress asked about the meal I said there wasn't much ravioli so she brought me 3 pieces of bread and didn't charge me for it which was good of her.

Visited December 2013

“Not for families”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

My wife and I went here with our daughter. Our daughter has a stroller, so we needed a little room beside our table. They didn't have a 'suitable'table, and told us it would be a 20 minute wait. After waiting more than 20 minutes and watching other patrons being accommodated, it was obvious they didn't want anyone with young children. After some terse comments, we left.

In the past, I would simply describe this place as okay. After the treatment my wife and I received, I can only describe this place as terrible.

Chicago, Illinois
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Comfy, rustic, fresh Italian food. Nice salads, pizzas, fish, pasta. Really warm and cozy dine-in experience and easy take-out. I've dined here for lunch and dinner, and regularly get take-out when I'm in Toronto for business. I highly recommend it for business lunches. Nice wines also!

Visited November 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Absolutely fabulous with one exception...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

First glance, you expect another Italian restaurant with a typical pizza and pasta menu but after phew minutes you realize the professionalism of the staff, the attention given to the creation of the menu with all homemade cold meet and cheese. We choose one appetizer (Carpaccio with the right level of horseradish), two different salads (arugula and greens) and two amazing meals (pizza and lambs pasta). The tomato sauce used on the pizza was fresh and not acid served with homemade salamis (mmm!). My pasta was just incredible. To finish this amazing dinner we ordered a homemade dessert which was supposed to be the best but out of luck, even at 7:30 PM, they were out of stock. On one hand that show all freshness of those dessert but one the other hand I’m still dreaming to this dessert that I will need to wait another visit.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Just walked by and had a terrific meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Mercatto was a last minute decision for lunch and the food was very good. My only complaint was it was really crowded and noisy during the lunch hour.

Visited September 2013