“3.5 stars.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Paradis Brasserie-Bistro

Le Paradis Brasserie-Bistro
166 Bedford Rd, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (The Annex)
(416) 921-0995
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Paradis Brasserie-Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #389 of 6,781 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: French, Brasserie, Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Annex
Cross street: Chicora Ave.
“3.5 stars.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Le Paradise, in desinerd walk in the Annex part of town has been around for years. Long gone is Freddie LoCicero who opened the restaurant years ago. Not much has changed since the first time my wife and I were taken there in 1989. On three levels with a long narrow room that overlooks the bar and open kitchen. Food is basic bistro favorites like beef borgunon, bouillabaisses, roast herb chicken etc. Always busy and with fair service and a very reasonable, yet small wine list keeps us coming back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Now Serving Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have been here before and reviewed it before but never for Brunch, which is new for them. We were a large family group. The food was excellent, a reasonable number of options, fresh and interesting salads, some e.g. dishes and some more complete meals. I have always rated this place at the top of the list for value in Toronto and it is that in spades for Brunch - great food reasonably priced.
I have to say something about the staff and the review that calls them "unfriendly". Look at where the reviewer comes from BOSTON, where waiters say "Hi I'm Shelly and I am going to be your server tonight", and come over a minute after serving your meal and say, "How was the first bite of that" and ask, "where are you folks from" or in one case "you's guys". Wait staff are wait staff not your new best friends for the night.
The staff at Paradis are great professional waiters, if you ask they help you with the menu, the wine list and the different specials. They can take care of special needs like allergies and they are there to serve you a great meal, not to chat about "those red-sox".

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“A superb bistro for frequent dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Le Paradis has been a consistent "home away from home" for our family and friends for over 20 years.

It is unique among the many restaurants we have known and used, not only in Toronto but around the world. It reminds me of what used to exist in France, i.e. the local spot where folks would go to dine each night rather than cooking at home. Thus, quality and price and service were exactly right and one was both welcomed and pleased with the offering, night after night after night through the year.

The menu changes seasonally and is typically French, thus, in season one will be offered rabbit, or sausages, or their version of bouef stew done with wine. Details are correct. The butter is fresh and good, as is the bread. The Pate' is excellent, tasty and fresh. French fries are just that, correct and hot and crisp and tasty.

The wine list is extremely well chosen, it is inexpensive yet, as one does in France, offers excellent wines that complement the food perfectly.

Haute cuisine? Absolutely not. Better than many, if not most, places that pretend to offer haute cuisine? absolutely yes in my book. I estimate that I have eaten in at least 500 restaurants around the world. From 3 stars to greasy spoons, ethnic and posh.

This little private operation is my favourite. It is a gem of high quality.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“The rudest waiters on the planet: Stay Away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I wish I had read the december 8 2013 review of this place before I went, which described the waiters at this place as former prison guards. That would be an insult to all good prison guards in the country, because the waiters we had tonight were indeed, the rudest, worst waiters I have ever had in my life - and I have eaten in well over a thousand restaurants in my life. Rude, inattentive, snarky - I could go on and on. The food is average, but the miserable service at this place makes the whole experience stink. Avoid this place at all costs. You have been warned.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, ON
“An Old standard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have been going to this restaurant for over 20 years. Many places in this city come on big and flame out in couple of years, Le Paradis sticks to what they do well for a very reasonable price.
Basic bistro food, well prepared and tasty. The wine list reasonable as well, great bistro atmosphere, mostly locals and regulars. Pleasant rooms, always busy, but the noise level is tolerable. I love to watch the chefs in the open kitchen. I hope they keep doing what they doing for years to come, so we always have a place to go to when we get disappointed in the latest hot new spot

• Visited January 2014