“Memorable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lai Wah Heen

Lai Wah Heen
110 Chestnut St, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1R3, Canada (Downtown)
416-977-9899
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lai Wah Heen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #302 of 7,523 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Dundas Street West
Transit: South West corner of Dundas Street and Chestnut street. Two blocks west of Dundas subway station. Two blocks east of St. Patrick subway station.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Memorable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Beautiful restaurant in the Metropolitan Hotel, Toronto. Upscale Chinese cuisine. Had a fixed price multiple course dinner. Appetizer sampler, Peking Duck, Lobster, excellent service thoughtful presentation. Great wine list.

ontario
“High Class Dim Sum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

We decided to try LWH based on the reviews.

My parents, who frequently dine at finer Chinese restaurants, were visiting from Vancouver.

When I called to make a reservation, the gentleman was polite and pleasant. He took the time to explain the parking validation process in the hotel. I was very impressed!

Upon arrival, we were greeted and was seated immediately.

The atmosphere is quiet and calming which reflects the clean modern decor.

Our server was very attentive and spoke fluent English and Cantonese.

We ordered the standard dim sum fare ~ all was served in a timely manner. Given the price point, the food quality was very good. A few dishes could have been a more flavorful. Overall, we enjoyed our visit.

LWH lived up to my father's moto: "you get what you pay for"

Glenview, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Still one of the best Dim Sum in North America”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have come back again and again each time we visit Toronto. Lai Wah Heen still tops others, e.g. Sea Harbor in Rosemead, CA, Yank Sing & Koi Palace in San Fran, CA in its presentation and quality. It is well worth the money. Go with a bigger group so each of you get to sample more dishes. I cannot think of a single dim sum dish I did not like. As my mom always says, my eyes are bigger than my stomach. Enjoy!

Regina, Canada
“Dim Sum to die for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I wanted to try the Innovative Dim Sum at Lai Wa Heen while we were in the city. We were not disappointed. Delicate flavours, delicious morsels, and excellent aesthetics.

Visited May 2013
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Great Dim Sum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Met up with friends - they did not hurry us - even took pictures of our group. Food was wonderful and plentiful

Visited April 2013