“Excellent dinner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Vecchia

La Vecchia
2405A Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario M4P 2E7, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
(416) 489-0630
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Vecchia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #160 of 6,800 Restaurants in Toronto
Transit: Yonge & Eglinton
Toronto, Ontario
“Excellent dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at La Vecchia. I had the ossobuco special. The veal shank was so tender I cut it with my fork. The service was prompt without being rushed at all. We had plenty of time to enjoy our dinners and Limoncello after. The meat here is excellent and, while not value priced, you get your money's worth.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“Terrible Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We were a group of 8 women out for a pre-christmas celebration. Some of the group ordered 2 appetizers in lieu of an appetizer and a main course. This was frowned upon. The waiter said he would have to bring all the appetizers to the table at the same time, stating that they were just too busy to bring one appetizer, then the second later on. Our reservation was at 5:30 pm, early by restaurant standards. We continued to be treated as an annoyance...feeling that we were 'in the way'. Our table was placed right beside the door, so that every time someone entered, we felt the cold breeze. All in all, our whole experience at La Vecchia was disastrous. The atmosphere is charming, the food is okay, and the customer service is absolutely appalling.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Belleville, Ontario, Canada
“Very busy!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Popular with young adults, our son and his wife were able to recommend items that were good, but not great. On a Friday night, there is barely room to move between tables.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
toronto
“Bad customer service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We went for a late Friday night dinner (8:30 pm) to La Vecchia and it was busy. We were told that it was about a 20 min wait. We didn't mind waiting because we didn't make reservations and it was a reasonable wait time for a restaurant that has an apparent good reputation for good food. After waiting for about 30 min, we were seated at a table at the very back, of the restaurant. We noticed that it felt a bit cold where we were seated because the hallway which was behind us, had it's door opened and a cold draft was hitting us every time the curtain was opened which was about every 30 sec. because the washrooms and the kitchen were both located down this hallway. To make matters worse, there was a large fan above our heads that was also blowing cold air down onto us. By the time our appetizers and drinks arrived, we had already asked the waiter to close the door because we were feeling very cold and had put on our jackets. We were assured that the door would be closed but it continued to stay open and we continue to be uncomfortably cold. At this point, my date went to speak to the manager about the temperature and asked for another table.
The manager assured us that the fan would be turned off and the door would be closed, but after 10 min. nothing had changed. We decided that we were not going to be able to enjoy our meal while feeling uncomfortable and cold, so we told the waiter that we had decided to leave due to the temperature problem.
The manager quickly came back to our table and said "sorry about that, and don't worry about cancelling your order..." REALLY!?
He didn't offer to comp us for the bad experience and the inconvenience that we waited for 30 min. for a table and were now leaving without a meal. In my opinion that is bad customer service because the problem was brought to their attention twice and it was acknowledged twice by their staff and yet they do anything about it. I've been in the industry for many years and in a case like this, as a manager or owner of a restaurant, would have comped the bill. La Vecchia lacks class from their staff and I think they have become a little too cocky which shows in their attitude.
Will never recommend this place to anyone and definitely warn people, who plan to try this restaurant out, to avoid sitting at the back if it's cold outside.
We only tried the Bruschetta which was cold and nothing to write home about and overpriced. Once we left, we decided to try out Spacco Restaurant down the street and received great service and an amazing meal with no wait time. We should have gone there first and saved ourselves the headache.Highly recommend Spacco!

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Shocking staff attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My most disappointing restaurant in Toronto and I do eat out a lot! The mixed sea food platter has all the grilled fish (salmon and red snapper) grilled burned on one side and soft raw on the other, so I couldn't eat any of it. This is only 25% of the problem, the disaster comes from the way the restaurant staff handled this situation. We asked for the bill and told the waitress that there is problem with this plate. The waitress said she will check with the chef. She came back with the bill that includes the plate on it and didn't say anything. So, I asked her if she talked to the chef. She said yes and that the chef doesn't see any problem with the cooking of the fish that way. That was an unbelievable answer!! I told her I don't think that this is the best answer that the chef an come up with (I was more upset by the unapologetic tone). She asked if we'd like her to remove it from the bill. We said yes please (I hardly touched the plate after tasting the fish). So, she handed us right away another bill without the plate on it that she had in her hand all this time but was just waiting to see if we'd just pay the original bill !!!! That was unbelievable! To me ... this is the worst thing ever! by the way ...this plate was for $31, so not cheap. And I would have paid it if the chef or staff were sincerely apologetic about the bad experience I had.

Oh...and just in case the above is not enough and you decide to still give this place a chance...just never try to substitute anything in any order...if you want vegs instead of fries...you will have to still order the vegs separately at a charge. Substitutions are out of question!

• Visited October 2013