“Nice Fish” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Vecchia

La Vecchia
2405A Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario M4P 2E7, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
(416) 489-0630
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Vecchia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #161 of 6,793 Restaurants in Toronto
Transit: Yonge & Eglinton
Toronto, Canada
“Nice Fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Went to the restaurant on recommendation from friends. A group of us had the mussels, the caesar salad, and the orata and the halibut special. Service was attentive. Food was delicious.
Would go back. A little dark at the back of the restaurant, but otherwise fine.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Port Hope, Ontario, Canada
“Perfect brunch in Yonge & Eglinton area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

If you're not feeling like a greasy spoon, La Vecchia is the place to be. Good service, delicious eggs Benedict, and good value. I've also been for dinner and the pizza is excellent.

Visited June 2013
Toronto, Canada
“awesome grub!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Girls Night out - My friends and I scoured Yonge for a nice place to dine and La vecchia offered exactly what we were looking for - intimate - classy - great service - a lot of food - tasty delicious. Its a must do experience. Its not a place to take one dozen people at a time -without notice of course - its the perfect venue for an intimate dinner with FRIENDS!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“I simply MUST have that Rigatoni Romani again!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Went with two business colleagues this week and had such a pleasant time. It was my second visit and both were very good, but this was exceptionally so. We started by sharing the insulate caprese and the boconcini used was so creamy we stared each other down over who would get the last bit (I lost). I then had the rigatoni Romani. Although I was keen to have Italian, I was honestly going to try and avoid pasta because I'd enjoyed a few more carbs than I should have lately...but the unusual description captivated my attention and totally got my taste buds stimulated. The rigatoni was with smoked chicken, mushrooms and goat cheese in something they called a blush sauce (new to me, but undoubtedly just a term I'd just not come across). The server said it was the dish that convinced him to work there and that only helped get me excited to try it. He was also helpful in suggesting wine pairing, although in the end, I went with a Pinot Noir from Oregon that was perhaps not the odds-on best choice but was nevertheless delicious and smooth. (In fact, a colleague became a convert to Pinot Noir right there that night.) a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Pro-tip: probably wise to make a reservation. We were walk-ins at 5:30 and saw that many of the tables had reserved signs already. Obviously, they squeezed us in, but it was not long before many others were cheerfully treating themselves to this place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto ON
“Decent but Dark”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

You may think the title of the review is odd, but it is very dark and felt like dining in a cave. The dim lighting and candles don't help one bit. Decent standard Italian food offerings but the one standout was the linguini calamarati with calamari, mussels, shrimp, rapini and white kidney beans in a garlic olive oil sauce. The pizza bufala with bufala mozzarella, basil, crushed tomato sauce, prosciutto and arugula was very tasty but because it was served with other main entrees that were being shared, the pizza was cold and the thin crust was extremely crispy that when trying to fold over the slice it cracked apart like a melba toast. Decent wines and good espresso.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere