“A wonderful adventure” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Korean Village Han Kuk Kwan

Korean Village Han Kuk Kwan
628 Bloor Street West, Toronto, Ontario M6G1K7, Canada (The Annex)
(416) 536-0290
Neighborhood: The Annex
Holiday, Florida, United States
“A wonderful adventure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My companion and I were new to Korean food, but were a short walk from the restaurant and had a recommendation from the host at our B&B. We tried the rice bowls - mine with chicken and his with shrimp. An assortment of small salads and appetizers started the meal, all of which were tasty and refreshing on a warm evening in August. We were amazed at the rice bowls. For the entire 45 minutes we were eating dinner, the bowls kept the food warm to the last bite. The rice at the bottom was crispy and everything was delicious. The staff is as warm as the food, friendly and helpful - especially when we admitted to being new to the cuisine. The Korean BBQ also looked wonderful and we wished our stay in Toronto was another day longer so we could go back and try it. Two thumbs up - enjoy the adventure.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Toronto
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I think this place is fine - it depends what you are comparing it to - it's better than many places on that strip on Bloor street but not as good as some other Korean restaurants that I have tried - especially the high-end ones. Then again, the prices here are very reasonable compared to some high-end Korean that I have had.

I have been here a few times and always want to really like it - everyone else seems to say it's great - but I don't usually leave feeling like I've had a great meal. The service and venue is nice and the menu choices are good. But the food was nothing special in my opinion. My family is Korean and they feel the same way.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
TORONTO
“love the sticky mango ice cream desserts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great food. Service was good in the beginning when we first arrived before they got busy. Later in the evening we hardly got any attention from the staff.

They have by far the most selection on the stone pot rice. We had the chickenstone pot rice which is very delicious. Two choices for the sticky glutinous ice cream desserts , mango or chocaolate both good. But I would highly recommend the mango which is very special.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Very genuin Korean food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

7 of us walked on without reservation and promptly seated. Cold drinks and food arrived just as quickly as we ordered them. The waitress was super efficient. Spicy tofu soup, fried noodle, stone bowl rice plus a large tray of assorted BBQ meats filled everyone's stomach. Will come again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good Experience in Korean food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have had dinner here twice. This last time I took my wife for her first Korean dinner and we enjoyed very much the food and the service, which is friendly and always attentive. Everyone in the place seems to be interested in making sure you are enjoying the dinner and visit. The lady at the cash registered, probably the owner could not be nicer. We ordered BBQ on the table and we had a great time. The side dishes were also very good. I wish they had more! Definitively worth the visit. One drawback: a little on the pricey side.

Visited June 2013