“Didn't enjoy my empenada” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Jumbo Empanadas

Jumbo Empanadas
253B Augusta, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
416-977-0056
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,571 of 6,773 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Didn't enjoy my empenada”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011 via mobile

I've only been here once for a chicken empenada when I was starving but it was bad enough that I probably wouldn't try again. Didn't like the flavor and all I could smell on me for the rest of the day was onions.
Also, gave two for atmosphere because it was so hot inside.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011 via mobile

The food is really good. The atmospere is a little rustic.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Take some goodness home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

Jumbo Empanadas is justifiably known for their terrific empanadas, but don't forget their corn pies - just the right amount of EVERYTHING (and I mean everything - beef, chicken, hard boiled egg, olives, raisins, and of course, corn). But the best thing is that you can buy their empanadas and corn pies frozen and heat them at home - fresh and delicious for the time when you want a little bit of Chile in your kitchen. Today is one of the hottest days of summer, and we are enjoying corn pie and simply pretending we are in Latin America, rather than Toronto, and making the best of it. Don't forget the salsa, too - it makes everything better!

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“I love this place! You'll find this quant shop in the middle of busy Kensington Market. Be sure to ask for lots of...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

I love this place! You'll find this quant shop in the middle of busy Kensington Market. Be sure to ask for lots of salsa!

Pittsburgh PA
“authentic place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2008

We just returned from a weekend in Toronto. After roaming through chinatown, we stopped to see what the Kensington Market was all about......for me it was the empanadas! Jumbo Empanandasis a tiny chilean run restaurant. i don't think it holds more than 14-15 people! (That means crowded and little atmosphere.) But I came for the deliscious empanadas. We shared one beef, one chicken, and one veggie between 2 of us. IT ws perfect!

The owners/workers were friendly and efficient. The other people in the restaraunt (mostly spanish speaking) were also friendly and definately enjoying the food.

I'd also like to note that there was a healthy take-out busines going on.....both heated and "cold for later" empanadas.