“A weekly destination for a great meal” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,947 of 6,560 restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Pizza
Newmarket
“A weekly destination for a great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have been going to Hunters for close to 20 years now and I can count on one hand...maybe on 2 fingers, the number of meals that disappointed me. Consistent quality, great service and the most reasonable prices you can find for good home made food. This is owned by a husband and wife and they are always in the kitchen and quality is first with them. The home made sauce for their lasagna and spaghetti, pizza dough from scratch and home made baklava. Known for their souvlaki, DO NOT miss out on trying their Hunter's Deluxe pizza. I love to support independent restaurants versus the chains because I know what I will expect there. The personal service and interaction with the owners is something you don't get everywhere. Be sure to try this place for lunch, dinner or catering. I had them cater my Christmas Eve dinner and nobody left the table hungry!!

• Visited December 2012

% Recommend
Toronto
“Nice lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

The name of the place is deceiving as the restaurant serves Italian and Greek. 4 of us went for lunch and we all ordered the chicken souvlaki on a pita with greek salad. It was the lunch special. Greek salad was delicious...nice vinegary dressing...a little cheap on the feta cheese but what do you expect for $12 each including tip? The restaurant is old and I don't think it has not seen renovations since the beginning but it was clean. None of was used the bathroom so can't comment on cleanliness of that. I picked up a delivery/takeout menu on my way out. They deliver to a limited area in Scarborough so not an option for me.

I have seen other reviews calling it the best greek food outside of the Danforth. Don't know if I would go that far but the experience was worth a 2nd try.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Best Greek food outside of the Danforth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I've been going to Hunter's Pizza and souvlaki since I was in high school which was 15 years ago.

Hunter's is a small Greek restaurant run by a husband and wife. The taste and portions of the food is the reason I keep coming back. I would argue that the food is better than any Greek restaurant on the Danforth.

Souvlaki dinners include the meat, rice, potatoes, bread and a side salad for about $13 before tax.

As the name implies they also do pizza which also tastes great.

I highly recommend Hunter's to anyone.

• Visited April 2012
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011 via mobile

Great food, great people and even better value. I usually get chicken the chicken souvlaki dinner and I'm never disappointed.