“Great Daily Specials” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hoops Sports Bar & Grill

Hoops Sports Bar & Grill
458 Yonge St, Toronto, Ontario M4Y 1W9, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
(416) 929-3324
Improve this listing
Ranked #3,077 of 6,781 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Bar, Grill
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Description: Feel the energy at Hoops Sports Bar & Grill, Southern Ontario's premiere venue for all things in the wide world of sports! Major league sports, international soccer, UFC or pay per-view events, we've got it all. All Hoops locations feature a multitude of flat-screen TVs, some on the walls, others in private booths that you control, and a massive 126-inch infinite plasma for the big events. With a diverse menu that includes traditional pub fare with our own Hoops twist, and a selection of 19 draught beers to choose from, there's something for everyone at Hoops Sports Bar & Grill. Our full menu includes appetizers, wings, salads, wraps, sandwiches, pizza, pasta, entrees, nachos and tex-mex, burgers and so much more. Don't forget to check out our daily specials including Burgers on Monday, Pound of Wings on Tuesday and Thursday, Rib & Wings Combo on Wednesday, Fajitas on Friday, Pint & Pound on Saturday and Jug & Wings on Sunday! At Hoops, we're not just for sports fans! We invite you, your whole family and friends to join us at any time. But in case you are a sports fan, stop by one of our four locations (in Toronto, Mississauga, North York and Niagara Falls) across the GTA and cheer on your favorite team with us at Hoops Sports Bar & Grill!
Barrie, Canada
“Great Daily Specials”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I ate here both evenings I stayed across the street in the Marriott and enjoyed both meals. They offer great daily specials from Chicken wings to rib & wing combos through-out the week. Beer is cold and wet and the place is full of TV screens showing all relevant nightly sporting events. It appears they have a loyal following of regulars and there is no shortage of great conversation when bellying up to the bar. Even if the menu isn't for you, enjoy a drink at the bar and take advantage of the relaxing atmosphere.

Waterdown, Ontario, Canada
“Feel sorry for the servers”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Our server was great as was the girl she was training. We enjoyed the food and the sports bar atmosphere.
I understand that you pay a premium to dine in downtown Toronto but I don't like being ripped off.
The beverage menu clearly states the size and price of the beer options. We pointed out to our waitress that the Stella was only 12 ounces an not the large (20 ounce) we had ordered. She said that was the only size Stella glass they have. That would have been fine but they charged us for the large!?!
I discussed it with the manager and he said he would fix it (after a lengthy debate). He discounted the Stella 20% which was nice but we had been overcharged by 40%.
The manager and our server both seemed embarrassed and I had the impression they had been caught on this before. It was clear that this was company policy and not something they can do anything about.
I'm not surprised this sports bar was practically empty on a Saturday night during a leafs game.

Helena, Alabama
“Hello...anybody home?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Wife and I dropped in on Thanksgiving Monday at the recommendation of the very helpful doorman/bouncer(?) at nearby Steam Whistle Brewing. When we walked in around 2:00 pm the place was empty but there was a hostess station up front..but no "seat yourself" sign. After standing there awkwardly for several minutes I went over to the bar and the bartender told me to sit anywhere and she would send over a waitress. Our server Megan was awesome; she was so sweet and helpful and was honestly the best aspect of the restaurant. A heads up for wives and families, the waitresses wear tight shorts and low cut tops but nothing like Hooters; I wouldn't hesitate to bring my family but want to make readers aware. Our food was prepared correctly and was fine...not bad, not great, fine. The bathrooms were okay; I didn't notice it being particularly loud as others experienced; it was oddly dark inside though. Overall, it was okay in the sense that I would eat here again if in the neighborhood but I wouldn't go out of my way.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Friendly staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The servers are friendly and attentive. It is easily accessible. It has flat panel TVs at each booth so you can have your own personal game on. I had a burger and was disappointed. It had an off flavor that just over powered the beefy goodness a burger is supposed to have. I was disappointed that the outdoor dining tables were closed up, it was a beautiful fall evening and I was looking forward to enjoying the view of CN tower while eating. Inside is dark, old, and cramped. Well worn.

Toronto, Ontario
“loud but lots of sports”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Went there for a quick drink when in the area. Service was pretty good. Lots of tv's and games to choose from. Did not eat so cant comment on that but the food looked good. Seems like a good place to go for a beer and watch the game. Cheers.