“Bad food, good servers, lotsa tv screens, don't expect much” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hoops Sports Bar & Grill

Hoops Sports Bar & Grill
458 Yonge St, Toronto, Ontario M4Y 1W9, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
(416) 929-3324
Improve this listing
Ranked #3,088 of 6,796 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Bar, Grill
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Description: Feel the energy at Hoops Sports Bar & Grill, Southern Ontario's premiere venue for all things in the wide world of sports! Major league sports, international soccer, UFC or pay per-view events, we've got it all. All Hoops locations feature a multitude of flat-screen TVs, some on the walls, others in private booths that you control, and a massive 126-inch infinite plasma for the big events. With a diverse menu that includes traditional pub fare with our own Hoops twist, and a selection of 19 draught beers to choose from, there's something for everyone at Hoops Sports Bar & Grill. Our full menu includes appetizers, wings, salads, wraps, sandwiches, pizza, pasta, entrees, nachos and tex-mex, burgers and so much more. Don't forget to check out our daily specials including Burgers on Monday, Pound of Wings on Tuesday and Thursday, Rib & Wings Combo on Wednesday, Fajitas on Friday, Pint & Pound on Saturday and Jug & Wings on Sunday! At Hoops, we're not just for sports fans! We invite you, your whole family and friends to join us at any time. But in case you are a sports fan, stop by one of our four locations (in Toronto, Mississauga, North York and Niagara Falls) across the GTA and cheer on your favorite team with us at Hoops Sports Bar & Grill!
“Bad food, good servers, lotsa tv screens, don't expect much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Popped in after bluejays game to watch sask roughrider game; staff very accommodating to turn various tv's to what channel you need... Wasn't impressed by menu and ordered grilled cheese sandwich w fries @ $7.99 ... They used bagged wonderbread and only buttered one side, other side dry... Daughter ordered ravioli, looked like dog food, but she said tasted ok... Not impressed by food, reminded me of highschool cafeteria... Stuck head in kitchen, again not impressed... Bathrooms shabby, run down, graffiti'd .. Server girls nice and friendly, so points for that

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Evansville, Indiana
“good food, poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stopped in for a late lunch. It took a while for our waitress to take our order and then after our order came out she never checked on us again until we flagged her down for our check. I ordered the Foccacia Milano sandwich which was actually excellent. My daughter had the pound of wings (7 wings) which she said were as good as they are at the popular sports bar we visit in America. My wife and other daughter each ordered a wrap which they both said were good. The restaurant itself could use a good cleaning, the restrooms were horrible.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, On
“Good Food, Good Service, No A/C”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Are a long day tourist activities, the adults decided to for a drinks. It was a Tuesday after 11pm... we were surprised not to find to many places open that were serving food. So we went to Hoops.

Hoops is an average sports... loud, lots of TVs, not too fancy and lots of Beer. Our Booth had a small TV right on the table. I found it a little too bright and too distracting. The is food better than most large chain sports bars.

Our server was so pleasant that when order came wrong we didn't care (and what we got instead was super good!). She was very helpful and gaves us ideas for things to do in the area.

The only bad thing was... the day we went it was around 40'C outside and there is no Air Conditioning in the restaurant. Lot of fans, but at 40+ C the fans were just pushing hot air around.

I will be sure to go back in the Fall!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Berkeley, California
“Bad service--at least if you're older”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

After a long walk we really needed something cool to quench our parched throats and under hydrated bodies. We were told to sit anywhere. We watched waitresses in skimpy outfits go by, bringing drinks and food to everyone except us. At 3 different times waitresses came to our table and told us they would find our server. After 15 minutes I gave it one more minute. A waitress appeared and took our order. So we finally got that tall glass of water and large beer. Oh, and the beers were of the blah variety. Moldings, labatt, bud. Never going back there and do not recommend it.

Visited June 2013
“It's a Real Sports Bar, Really”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

There isn't a world famous chef. The wings aren't served with a cloth napkin. There isn't flashing disco lights and loud dance music.

It's bar food (good wings and baby backs). Excellent service from real people who treat you well.
I went here two nights out of my four night stay and I never go anywhere more then once per visit.

All the servers I came in contact with were excellent. Taylor was friendly and geniune. I had a good meal of comfort food and a nice conversation. Then I watched the Stanley Cup finals and debated with my neighboring guest - just what a sports bar should be. With a great location!!
Yonge Street has a long stretch of stores and bars that is often referred to as the Times Square of Toronto. Glad I found it.

I will return here when I'm in town again to relax and watch a game.

I can't speak for the other Hoops. Just the one on Yonge Street.

PS Don't dress up too much. Its not fancy.

• Visited June 2013