“It's a Real Sports Bar, Really” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hoops Sports Bar & Grill

Hoops Sports Bar & Grill
458 Yonge St, Toronto, Ontario M4Y 1W9, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
(416) 929-3324
Improve this listing
Ranked #3,077 of 6,781 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Bar, Grill
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Description: Feel the energy at Hoops Sports Bar & Grill, Southern Ontario's premiere venue for all things in the wide world of sports! Major league sports, international soccer, UFC or pay per-view events, we've got it all. All Hoops locations feature a multitude of flat-screen TVs, some on the walls, others in private booths that you control, and a massive 126-inch infinite plasma for the big events. With a diverse menu that includes traditional pub fare with our own Hoops twist, and a selection of 19 draught beers to choose from, there's something for everyone at Hoops Sports Bar & Grill. Our full menu includes appetizers, wings, salads, wraps, sandwiches, pizza, pasta, entrees, nachos and tex-mex, burgers and so much more. Don't forget to check out our daily specials including Burgers on Monday, Pound of Wings on Tuesday and Thursday, Rib & Wings Combo on Wednesday, Fajitas on Friday, Pint & Pound on Saturday and Jug & Wings on Sunday! At Hoops, we're not just for sports fans! We invite you, your whole family and friends to join us at any time. But in case you are a sports fan, stop by one of our four locations (in Toronto, Mississauga, North York and Niagara Falls) across the GTA and cheer on your favorite team with us at Hoops Sports Bar & Grill!
“It's a Real Sports Bar, Really”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

There isn't a world famous chef. The wings aren't served with a cloth napkin. There isn't flashing disco lights and loud dance music.

It's bar food (good wings and baby backs). Excellent service from real people who treat you well.
I went here two nights out of my four night stay and I never go anywhere more then once per visit.

All the servers I came in contact with were excellent. Taylor was friendly and geniune. I had a good meal of comfort food and a nice conversation. Then I watched the Stanley Cup finals and debated with my neighboring guest - just what a sports bar should be. With a great location!!
Yonge Street has a long stretch of stores and bars that is often referred to as the Times Square of Toronto. Glad I found it.

I will return here when I'm in town again to relax and watch a game.

I can't speak for the other Hoops. Just the one on Yonge Street.

PS Don't dress up too much. Its not fancy.

• Visited June 2013

“Regular Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Great bartenders. The girls that work the bar are fun and treat new customers the same as regulars. Good crowd and decent food. Definitely try the fajitas. Amazing that they have a great brunch for a very cheap price. Don't expect Queen West or core presentation but a great value. All together a decent place to watch sports and have a beer.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brampton, Canada
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I recently went to this restaurant
About 2 hours before a greenday concert. I ordered the fish and chips and my companion ordered a cheeseburger. The waitress was really nice but the service was slow. It took about ten minutes to get our drinks and about 30-40 for our food. The fish and chips was really good and my friend said that it was one of the best burgers he had ever had

• Visited April 2013
Ontario
“Fun spot for a Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We enjoyed lunch at Hoops. We sat at a table closest to the sidewalk and it provided a great spot for people watching.

• Visited May 2013
San Salvador, El Salvador
“Nice place to have a beer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The place is just across the hotel and very convenient after a day of several meetings, very mellow if you are looking to relax and just go with the flow. They run good promotions but the service is not that great, there are few waitresses that aren't nice and they take a long time to bring you a beer, as I said if that is OK with you then this place has good music and karaoke.

Visited April 2013