“Well.... they didn't make me sick” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Everest Cafe & Bar

Everest Cafe & Bar
232 Queen St W, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
(416) 977-6969
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,679 of 6,548 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Ontario
“Well.... they didn't make me sick”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

There are a few foods out there that are hard to screw up... lasagna I believe is one of them... They served me something resembling salty lasagna soup with stale garlic (but no garlic taste) bread ... they also served me a very watered down cranberry ice tea... I guess I wasn't in the best mood as I had been walking around an hour in pouring rain (so I was wet and cold)... but it took me forever to get my bill because the servers were too busy talking to their friends (who were eating there)... Ten extra minutes when you are drenched... not so good... If you can't serve then don't be surprised when someone gives you less than a 15% tip... When will people learn it isn't mandatory... I tip > 15% for good service..

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“Average Food, Fun Staff, Convenient Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

A friend of mine was visiting from out of town; we were catching up and talking away when we realized how late it was and we were starving. Worried that it would be difficult to find somewhere to eat on a Fri night, we walked by and it was fairly empty. Prices were reasonable, I've always wanted to try it because it looks like a suave place for fusion food. Our waiter was great - fun, helpful, didn't mind or rush us when we were chatting away that we were the last in the restaurant. Food was ok - I'm not sure if this what Tibetan food is supposed to taste like as I've never tried it before (shame on me!). I had a veggie-tofu meal off the Tibetan menu. I'd say this is a fun and convenient spot to eat at if in a bind, but nothing too special. Watching all the fun characters walking by on Queen St. is interesting too!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn, New York
“Sunday lunch- quiet but great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

The Tibetan/Nepalese menu was the highlight. Good beers. Great desserts. Ask for one of the Tibetan pastries.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stumbled across Everest one day and stopped in for lunch, and we liked it so well we returned the next evening for dinner. The service was excellent, and the food was fabulous. Tried the daal, the vegetarian momo, and vegetarian Everest noodles. So good!

Visited October 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“Good food at a great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

We were walking down the street looking for a place to eat when the patio drew us to this restaurant. There was a nice selection on the menu. My boyfriend and I both enjoyed our martinis and our meals. Our server was awesome. Even better was the low amount when our bill came.