“Great food and ambience” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Tapas refers to a wide variety of small savoury dishes. It's not just a trend. It has been a delicious and enjoyable way of life in Spain for centuries. Embrujo Flamenco Tapas Restaurant is proud to offer authentic Spanish Tapas - The real thing. Enjoy the regional cuisines of Spain.
Ottawa, Canada
“Great food and ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We recently dined at this Toronto restaurant after having visited Spain last fall. This place was packed and compared nicely with many of the tapas restaurants we ate at in Spain. All of the tapas we ordered were excellent, with attentive, friendly service. The wines were quite pricey, but the place has a great atmosphere with a live flamenco show. Reserve well in advance to get a good table for the show. Would definitely return the next time we are in Toronto.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ottawa
“Lovely flamenco much appreciated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I had it in my head that I wanted to go to the Danforth for Greek food on a recent visit to Toronto and somehow I stumbled on this restaurant and my desire shifted to tapas. Little did I know there would also be flamenco on a Sunday night. As I know something about the dance form this was a real treat for me. Just the guitarist and the dancer with nice pacing between dances. Dancer was lovely with good classical training and she got better as she warmed up - less stomping and more reliance on the force of gravity in the taconeo, although part of the problem may have been the small plywood plateform. The guitarist was very good technically but I got the sense he was trying to lead the tempo as opposed to following the dancer's rythm which is what makes flamenco so different from other dance forms.

i am forgetting about the food! it was good especially the paella we shared and some of the less traditional tapas dishes. But I was not as impressed with the classic ones i.e. patatas bravas. Please provide a better house red...could not bring myself to order it and went with what was a much too expensive albeit deilicious tempranillo.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Olé”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This small restaurant on the Danforth is a real gem. The choice of tapas was large and eclectic. Prices were reasonable for the quality of the food and portions were large. The Sangria was, perhaps, the best we've ever had. Service was excellent and friendly with young and knowledgeable wait-staff. While we weren't able to stay for the flamenco dancing show, it is rumoured to be excellent. Overall, a fun restaurant with excellent food and service.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Really expected more but would go again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We've been before and loved it. Tonight was very slow, flamenco guitarist and dancer were great, but the music between sets was not great. We came to a Spanish Tapas Restaurant to hear authentic Flamenco, not piped in dance music. Food was ok, wine not great. Really think the Tapas portions area on the stingy side. Service was great though. We would come again - maybe on a different night?
You have a really good thing going...keep it up!

Ontario
“An evening in Spain!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

After 5 years of dining here, we are never disappointed. We have shared this authentic experience with many friends and family, each one thorughly enjoying it. It truly feels like I have been transported to a local Tapas bar in San Sebastian, sipping my Rioja and grazing on fabulous small plates of food from the local region. Being entertained by Flamenco dancers, strutting to the sound of the Spanish guitar tops off the experience. Highly recommended to lovers of tasty food and very sippable Spanish wines.

Visited January 2013