“Love this place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Love this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great food, lots of options (you can't go wrong), nice place to take friends. The patio in the back is fantastic. Love going to Dos Amigos!

Visited June 2013

Toronto
“Taco el pastor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Is the best..we phone ahead to make sure it's on the menu . We go back time and time again.we live in Toronto and decent Mexican food I hard to come by...so..we drive across the city for this place...when my wife craves it !

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Mole Heaven!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Coming from Chicago, I read some reviews regarding 'Dos Amigos' and I decided on giving it a try. I am not a picky eater but when it comes to Mexican Food, I tend to criticize it a little more since my parents are Mexican and I am very particular to the way this food is prepared. The atmosphere is cozy and warm on the inside, open and exhilarating on the outside (patio). Enrique, co-owner and chef, is great at having intriguing conversations and prepares his food with a high standard, even when it comes to guacamole. Mauricio, the other owner, is extremely friendly and gives the best service I have seen in an authentic Mexican restaurant. The staff was great and the food was even better. When you go, try the Mole con Pollo. That is, if your palate can appreciate the blend of exotic flavors. If not, anything else will do the trick. Margaritas are also a must :) Thank you Dos Amigos!!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richmond Hill, Canada
“Solid restaurant, nice ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I like the look and feel of this place. It has a sunny, upbeat look and can be quite energizing as it is often quite noisy when it is busy. On the other hand, it is sometimes very quiet with few patrons. it is just around the corner from the Tarragon Theatre, so we often go there before a play. Food is solid, service is warm but not intrusive. My friends raved about the margueritas, but I didn't think they were anything special. I ordered tamarind, which is on the menu, but they don't seem to have it. The guacamole appetizer is very lovely.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh
“Foods quite good. But you'll end up in trouble if you don't know that they...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I had veggie enchilada and a tostada. For appetizer, guac. The guac was dynamite.

I expected more sauce with the enchilada. I'm used to more saucy entrees.

The atmosphere is dim Mexican.

But you'll be in trouble if you don't know they don't accept debit cards!

• 4 of 5 stars Food