“I almost don't want to tell you about this jewel of a restaurant.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Camerini Ristorante

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Toronto
“I almost don't want to tell you about this jewel of a restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Mt partner and I discovered this place last autumn, and we were knocked out by the service, the food and the overall charm of this little place. Imagine our surprise when, more than a month later, we returned to find that our server recalled what we had ordered the first time we were there. The meals is always start with a complimentary serving of bruschetta. The house wine (red) was really very good (no, we don't recall the brand name). And having ordered something different every time we have been there, I am never disappointed in the quality of the food. When asked for whole wheat pasta, they promised that the next time we were in, they would have it for us. We have taken several friends there, and all have been delighted. You need reservations for the weekend and they are closed Sunday. But maybe you would like somewhere else better, thereby ensuring that we can always get a table.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Toronto
“Outstanding Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

We have been eating at Camerini for years now. The food is always outstanding and the number of regulars atests to that. The atmosphere is like eating at a friend's house or a Trattoria in Italy. We have never had anything that was not prepared to perfection. A very good wine list and excellent espresso round out the evening. If you want good food and a friendly atmosphere, then this is the place for you.

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Delicioso!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

A wonderful, small, authentic family run Italian restaurant. Food is very reasonably priced, always fresh, lovingly prepared and attention to detail is superb. Good selection of wines, great friendly and knowledgeable staff - what more could you want for a lovely evening out?

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Indianapolis
“I'm glad I took the time to find this little gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

Never having been in the neighborhood I walked the area to try to find an interesting non-chain restaurant for dinner. My decision to eat here turned out to be a good one. Service in this eight-table, family-owned and operated restaurant couldn't have been better. The owner/chef was willing to open a new bottle to serve me the one glass of Chianti Antiche Vie I requested. It's a request I always make when ordering wine by the glass. The tasty Fettucini Fiorentina arrived nice and hot, and the salad, to my surprise, was accompanied by a complimentary bruschetta. The regular bread was so flavorful that the olive oil for dipping was superfluous. Given the size of the restaurant I strongly recommend making a reservation if you're planning to eat after 6 p.m. I think business casual dress is most appropriate.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gravenhurst
“Lots of other options on the street”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

We ate here about a year ago so things may have improved, but we found it not very good. The service was slow, the food was lacking flavour or inspiration and the prices were average for the street.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere