“Fab restaurant ! go there ...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #398 of 6,793 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian, Continental
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Family owned Italian/Continental fusion restaurant. We have been a staple in the Yonge and Wellesley community for the past 13 years. Just recently we underwent a major renovation courtesy of the TV show Restaurant Takover on the Food Network. Ambiance is elegant and classy without being pretentious or stuck up. Our exceptionally-trained staff provide our guests with fast and efficient service while ensuring they feel relaxed and comfortable, never rushed. But most importantly, they make sure our guests feel welcome in our home.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Fab restaurant ! go there ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

from the reviews on here, went in last night (Friday night) busy lively place, good atmosphere. Service was quick without being toop pushy. good choice of mains and starters for a good price.Went for the meatballs, very nice followed by cheese cake - both recommended, yup, happy to recommed and if i cant find anything locally tonight that looks good, I will be back in there :-)

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mark Y, Owner at Brownstone Bistro, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Hi,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. Always a pleasure hearing what our guests think, especially those visiting from other countries!

Happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us despite it being a snowy Friday night. Also great to see the staff were able to provide you with good recommendations.

Thanks again. Hope to see you next time you're in Toronto. All the best!

Toronto, Canada
“a great dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We took my daughter and her partner to Brownstone's for her birthday, and it was amazing.
The food was excellent, and the service was truly exceptional - highly personalized, with just the right amount of attention paid to our party. I can't believe it was my first time there - it certainly won't be our last!
We would definitely recommend it to our friends...

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mark Y, Owner at Brownstone Bistro, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Always great to hear our guests thoughts.

That's fantastic to see you folks enjoyed your time with us. We work incredibly hard to provide each of our guests their own personal experience here at the Brownstone. Great to see it shows!

Thanks again for the positive review. Look forward to seeing you again soon!
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent Service & Very friendly host !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

New to Toronto region, and my fiancee was in town and wanted to take her to nice birthday dinner. Did some online research & thought will give a try to Brownstone Bistro, called them up for reservation..there was a little wait time but again we were waiting for a window seat. Mark (I guess owner) did offer if we wanted to take any other seat which were available. Food was great, servers were very friendly, infact they remembered to wish my fiancee, which was a pleasant surprise. Time between the appetizer, main course, dessert as well as paying the tab was very well spread out, so we had plenty of time for our relaxed conversation (unlike some of the other restaurant, where obviously they hurry up one after the other, so that the table can get ready for the next customer in line). I really appreciated their gesture of Birthday greetings card to my Fiancee as well as getting us the dessert free ! Excellent customer relationship. I am definitely coming back again. Highly recommended if you want to enjoy great food, service and ambience ! It gets full & crowded very easily..but then I guess it shows their popularity too.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mark Y, Owner at Brownstone Bistro, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We always value hearing our guests thoughts. Helps us to improve.

That's fantastic to hear yourself and your fiancé enjoyed your time with us. Happy to see we could contribute to a special occasion.

Thanks again for the great review. Hope we can catch you again!
Oakville, Canada
“Probably not their best day”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I've read positive reviews, and was excited to see the restaurant was participating in Winterlicious. We had a lunch reservation on a Friday. The place was jam packed, but our group of 7 was immediately seated. Loved the decor and ambiance, although the noise level was a bit high for conversation. It soon became evident that they had a much bigger take up on their Winterlicious promotion than had been expected. It took an hour before our appetizers arrived. Other groups that had arrived after us were served long before us. They ran out of cutlery, as well as one of the desserts. They did go out of their way to apologize. Te food was also disappointing. My mussels were swimming in butter, and were rather bland. The tuna melt looked unappetizing. I will admit that the blueberry dessert was wonderful.

Mark Y, Owner at Brownstone Bistro, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We always value hearing our guests opinions, especially during Winterlicious.

My apologies that you did not enjoy your experience on Friday. It was a very busy Friday afternoon and although we did prepare for a busy afternoon, we had some unexpected changes which threw us off. Regardless, that is no excuse and I apologize. If you'd like, you can e-mail me at mark@brownstonebistro.ca so we can discuss the matter further and show you why we are so highly regarded in the city.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I look forward to hearing from you. All the best!
Toronto, Canada
“Less impressed on a return trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had been to Brownstowne Bistro a number of times in the past; for some reason I was impressed back in 2009; but over time it has been slipping in food quality.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Mark Y, Owner at Brownstone Bistro, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We always value hearing our guests thoughts, especially repeat patrons.

My apologies that you did not enjoy your future visits. I'd love it if you could contact me at mark@brownstonebistro.ca so we could discuss which dishes you had ordered which you felt was subpar of our standards.

Thanks again for the review. Hope to hear from you. All the best!