“Great take-out” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bombay Palace

Bombay Palace
71 Jarvis St | Downtown Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5C2H2, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
+1 416-368-8048
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Description: Bombay Palace Downtown Toronto-INDEPENDENLTY OWNED and OPERATED has been a warm host to guests since 35 years at this location. A landmark institution serving a daily lunch buffet and an a la carte menu fare from 5-915 pm. Neighbourhoods popular Sunday dinner buffet,5pm onwards s a winner. Chef Sanjiv Malhotra has passionately created amongst many, some great delicacies as the Sizzling Tandoori Grill, Chicken Tikka Trio, King Prawns, Butter Chicken, Vindaloos, Saag Paneer, Channa Masala,Paneer Mahkni, Eggplant Bhartha.Not to miss out our "to-die-for" desserts Decadent Brownies and Taralicious in addition to Rasmalais ,Gulab Jamuns and Rice pudding Bombay Palace also delivers and can cater to events and host functions up to 120 guests.Street Side parking on Adelaide Street and on George street off Adelaide. Nearest Subway is King. Reservations recommended.Come Hungry Folks!
Calgary, Canada
“Great take-out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

ordered take-out using a Groupon. The tandoor platter was delicious, ample portion of meat, well-spiced and very good sauces to accompany and naan, looking forward to going back and eating inside the restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Lunch get-together”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We had a brilliant time on May 4. Thank you so much for everything. The staff were great, on hand at all the right times and the food was delicious including the tandoori chicken. All our guests had a great time as well.

Thank you to Joe and Rajiv for organizing everything, especially the setting up of the party favours, that you did before hand. You really did make it a special afternoon for us and we look forward to seeing you all again soon when we come by for a meal.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto
“Take out is good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Usually grab take out from this place once a month when craving indian food. Have eaten inside the restaurant once or twice. Inside is dated, but service is fine. I like the butter chicken and nann. Pricer indian food like than the indian chain restaurants that you find in the food courts or further down king street, but quality and taste is much better.

• Visited October 2013
Toronto, Canada
“A Birthday Party to Impress”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I can't convey in words how ecstatic my dad was with the surprise, the amazing food, and the awesome service!!!! The rest of my family also felt the same way!!!! We have Indian food often and all guests were very impressed with their dining experience!!

You and the staff made the event absolutely perfect!! Thank you for your caring nature, prompt responses, and attention to detail as the night exceeded my expectations!!!

Everyone truly had an exceptional time and it was largely thanks to you!!!

I want to find another occasion to host a party there as soon as next week!!! Lol

Thank you so much for all that you did - truly exceptional!!!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Noida, India
“Best, and most authentic Indian cuisine in Downtown Toronto!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I've been to their Lunch Buffets a handful of times...Buffets though a good option, are not exactly a good mirror of a restaurant's strengths & weaknesses...

So I decided to stop by for Dinner on a Sunday...Upon entering, I discovered that they have a Sunday Dinner Buffet as well...The dinner buffet's priced a tad bit higher than the usual lunch buffet, and the choice of dishes is better qualitatively and quantitatively...

However, I wanted something different as asked if I can order from the menu (À-la-carte) and the server said I could...No asking to check with the chef or anything, which tells me that they can and do accept À-la-carte even during the lunch/dinner buffets...

While I was waiting for my dish, I was served a couple of rolled-up papadums and 2 small bowls, 1 with carrot pickles, and the other with tamarind sauce...The appetizers and the entrées were delicious, warm, and perfectly spiced...

Given what I've seen and had during their buffets and À-la-cartes, I'd definitely stop by when visiting the downtown core...

• Visited March 2014