“Good food - service is variable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vaticano

Vaticano
25 Bellair St, Toronto, Ontario M5R 3L3, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
(416) 924-4967
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Toronto, Ontario
“Good food - service is variable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I like this restaurant has I find the veal very good. I have no experience with the pasta dishes. The sauces with the meats are great, sometimes with odd ingredient combinations but still great tasting.
The decor is a little over the top in places, but there are a number of cozy table for two spots that are great for a romantic dinner.
The oddest thing about this restaurant is the service. Most of my experience is positive, but there have been a couple of occasions when it was quite sullen. There seems to be no middle ground. If it is a bad night re service I still don't mind, as the food is great and I can just cut the tip amount
Street parking after 6:00 IF you can find a spot.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
Toronto, Canada
“Worthy of the name.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The atmosphere is great and staff very friendly.
Pasta sauces like no other. I am never disappointed when I dine here.

Visited December 2012
Santiago
“Little italy in toronto”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

If you want to eat pasta or a really nice veal this is the place. A small restaurant full of stories and mediterranean atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by our concierge at the Windor Arms. I read some of the other reviews on Trip Advisor before we went. I thought the ambiance (candlelight lit tables) and the food were wonderful. We were met by the owner at the end of the night and were very happy with the service. I had the Viveca Fox Special Entree and my boyfriend had the lasagna- both were outstanding.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Cheesy decor, misfired food, lackluster staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

What an odd place. Food is more miss than hit (overcooked pasta that lacks flavor, soups that have odd flavor combinations, meats that look like they got left under the heat lamp). Service that is less-than-cordial (and 100% Indian, which isn't an issue really but was certainly different as was the cheesy decor and multiple items on the menu devoted to Vivica A. Fox).

I'd never return and would've been pissed had I paid for it (and not on the company dime).

• Visited October 2012