“Excellent food, be prepare to wait for it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Biryani House Indian Cuisine

Biryani House Indian Cuisine
25 Wellesley St. East, Toronto, Ontario M4Y 2S9 , Canada (Downtown Toronto)
416-929-9444
Cuisines: Indian
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Alliston, Canada
“Excellent food, be prepare to wait for it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

We ate at the Biryani House and found it excellent and reasonably priced. The food, atmosphere and everything else was first class. The only real down side was the wait for food. I had my appetizer while my friend was waiting for his and the main course seemed to take an eternity. Worth the wait but not that long!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Biryani House is one of my favorite places for Indian food. I have tried lots of other places in Toronto and Branpton however they have not measured up to the Biryani House. The staff are pleasant the food delicious every time. I highly recommend and the smoked eggplant is out of this world!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boca Raton, Florida
“Average Indian Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stopped by here for the lunch buffet. Food was typical of most Indian buffets, however the meat dishes had very little meat. My goat dish was just bones, as well as the lamb dish. The best thing they had was the chickpeas in sauce. The carpets looked dirty. I would not return there o future trips. Our bill for 2 buffets and a beer was $40.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Lunch hours”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I have been there a few times for lunch; I live around. The restaurant is located on the first floor.

Biryani House cannot be compared with the likes of the Indian restaurants on King Street. The buffet is limited. Naan is almost always not there! Service is pretty ordinary. Buffet price is okay ($13.50 odd with taxes)

They have salad, 3-4 vegetarian and non-vegetarian options. 2 dessert options on the lunch buffet. Food is okay; trust me I was born and lived in India for over 20 years. I know Indian food!

I do not know about the hygiene standards of the restaurant.

Will I go to there again? - Probably not

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brampton, Canada
“Horrible service and food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

This restaurant is atrocious, I would not recommend it to anyone. So it is called the Biryani house, and there Biryani is the worst i have ever had. Dried out rice, overcooked vegetables,with a bland taste to top it off. I would have to say it is the worst food i have ever had, for a expensive price.To top off this experience the service was horrible, and the restaurant was not clean. Tables were not being cleaned properly, I saw the server dusting crumbs off a table with their hands and then just putting cutlery on top of the dirty table cloth, no sanitizing or wiping. Overall just had an awful experience, and would not want anyone else to have that same one.

• Visited June 2012