“Chop Suey Palace” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
le Batifole is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 6,796 Restaurants in Toronto
Transit: street car 506 @ Degrassi stop
Toronto, Canada
“Chop Suey Palace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

I cannot comment on the food, but for those of you into Toronto movie history, the final scenes of A Christmas Story were filmed here. In the movie, the Chinese Food Restaurant was called Chop Suey Palace. It's the scene where the not-so-politically correct Christmas carolling took place during their Christmas duck dinner.

Visited September 2014

Cary, North Carolina
“Consistently Great French Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

I am in Toronto all the time and this is one of my favs - quaint, small and inconspicuously located near older Chinatown. Never had even a mediocre meal there, and the mussels and escargot are terrific. You are attended to by the French owner who takes such care in the presentation and preparation of his special dishes. It is a neighborhood gem!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

First time in Toronto for my husband and I and we were looking for an authentic French meal. What a wonderful dinner we had! The restaurant is very quaint and a hidden gem away from your typical tourist areas. The atmosphere is comfortable and unpretentious. Our server was very helpful and attentive. Our meal from start to finish was delicious! We started with the mussels and we both had a seafood dish off the black board and finished with the Grand Marnier soufflé. What a pleasant surprise to meet the chef/owner that prepared our wonderful dinner that evening. We will definitely go back if we're ever back in Toronto!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Fantastique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Second time at Batifole didn't disappoint. This small quaint restaurant offers friendly service with great food. We shared all the appetizer specials to start. All were delectable, especially the chicken pate. I had the steamed pickerel for my main and it was made perfectly. The desserts were great especially the creme brulle. Probably the best I've ever had. Chef Pasquale came around, welcomed us and made sure we were taken care of. Thanks for a great evening and an unforgettable meal.

Toronto, Canada
“Not disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I had eaten quite often at Batifole as I used to live close by. But I had not been for a good couple of years. And I was not disappointed. In fact I was glad to see that there were three fish dishes on the black board that day, an improvement from my previous visits.The fish was very tasty (2 different fillets) and the vegetables very delicious and different. We had to have the fries which are so good. Our Kir Royal was pretty spot on (the waiter remembered how I liked it. Thank you!). Sadly, my friend and I have small appetite so we could not fit in any dessert. Next time! We should not have had the bread but it was so very tasty...
It was pretty quiet when we first got there but soon got quite lively. You need to book. Good friendly atmosphere. Pleasant service and all round nice experience. I was glad to see it was still going strong.

• Visited May 2014