“Hidden gem” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
le Batifole is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 6,550 Restaurants in Toronto
Transit: street car 506 @ Degrassi stop
Chicago, Illinois
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

First time in Toronto for my husband and I and we were looking for an authentic French meal. What a wonderful dinner we had! The restaurant is very quaint and a hidden gem away from your typical tourist areas. The atmosphere is comfortable and unpretentious. Our server was very helpful and attentive. Our meal from start to finish was delicious! We started with the mussels and we both had a seafood dish off the black board and finished with the Grand Marnier soufflé. What a pleasant surprise to meet the chef/owner that prepared our wonderful dinner that evening. We will definitely go back if we're ever back in Toronto!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Toronto
“Fantastique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Second time at Batifole didn't disappoint. This small quaint restaurant offers friendly service with great food. We shared all the appetizer specials to start. All were delectable, especially the chicken pate. I had the steamed pickerel for my main and it was made perfectly. The desserts were great especially the creme brulle. Probably the best I've ever had. Chef Pasquale came around, welcomed us and made sure we were taken care of. Thanks for a great evening and an unforgettable meal.

Toronto, Canada
“Not disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I had eaten quite often at Batifole as I used to live close by. But I had not been for a good couple of years. And I was not disappointed. In fact I was glad to see that there were three fish dishes on the black board that day, an improvement from my previous visits.The fish was very tasty (2 different fillets) and the vegetables very delicious and different. We had to have the fries which are so good. Our Kir Royal was pretty spot on (the waiter remembered how I liked it. Thank you!). Sadly, my friend and I have small appetite so we could not fit in any dessert. Next time! We should not have had the bread but it was so very tasty...
It was pretty quiet when we first got there but soon got quite lively. You need to book. Good friendly atmosphere. Pleasant service and all round nice experience. I was glad to see it was still going strong.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Realy enjoyed it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Lovely place, lovely staff, and most important: realy impressive cuisine!! Definately recommend it! We felt like we were in France for a couple of hours.

Markham
“Authentique experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My husband and I were looking for an authentic French meal. We found it. We began with the Terrine and an apperatif. The terrine was pork with rosemary. We were fighting for the last bite. It was served with mustard, cornichons, red onion compote, olives and toasted baguette. My husband had the bourride de poisson for his main. It was similar to a boulliabaise which my husband orders on every opportunity. He described it as amazing. The presentation was quite interesting as it was served in a glass jar with lid. My main was duck two ways with a potato galette and calvados sauce. Delectable! Our wine was Chateau Rozier 2010 St Emiliion Grand Cru. I'm still thinking about it. We will definitely return to Batifole. Merci Pascal!

• Visited April 2014