“Good food, good service - badmouthing hostesses” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baton Rouge

Baton Rouge
216 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario M5B 2H6, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
(416) 593-9667
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
“Good food, good service - badmouthing hostesses”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

As I waited for my colleagues to join me, I was seated near the Hostess post at the front entrance (door to Yonge Street). The phone rang - obviously the caller at the other end of the line may not have been very polite and hung up. This started the rhetoric from the 3 hostesses who were standing there with 1 male host. What ensued was highly inappropriate, loud and made me feel very unwelcomed in this establishment as the 4 staff carried on a vile and histrionic conversation about patrons who had arrived and their requests, as well as the caller who had precipitated their rant.

Nonetheless, once my party arrived and we were seated, our server was polite, diligent and attentive. Our drinks and orders were served promptly and correctly. The food was hot, visually appetizing and very good... and yes Dino12 the calamari is amazing!!! Those who ordered steak, thoroughly enjoyed their meals!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

G.T.A.
“Calamari was the best...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I ate at the Baton Rouge at the Eaton Centre this week and had the best Calamari I have ever had, so fresh and spiced lust right so good. I also had the Linguini and it was great as well, good service, great atmosphere and food, will definitely go back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Dined here twice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We ate here twice, so can recommend it. Good atmosphere and friendly welcome. Greeted at table with glass of iced water (why don't they do this in the UK?) and cheery waiter who seemed genuinely interested in providing good service rather than just going through the motions.

Absolutely no problem with the food which was delivered to the table hot and well presented. Steak was medium rare just as asked. As expected, portion sizes were pretty large but still managed to clear plate. After 30 days in Canada/States we both need to shed a few pounds!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Florida
“Excellent service and special attention”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This restaurant was across the street from our hotel which is why we chose this one. The decor was very nice. I wanted a change to an offering on the menu and our waiter was able to suggest something that was just perfect. We enjoyed this very much.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sturbridge, Massachusetts
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Delicious dinner- I had the prime rib & my husband had the ribs. Reasonably priced & close to our hotel. The staff was attentive and kind.
I definitely recommend it!

Visited October 2013