“A family affair” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Vancouver, Canada
“A family affair”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We went to this restaurant on a Friday night. It was not busy. The service was excellent. The complimentary appetizers and bread were plentiful. The main courses were average, the dessert was fresh and excellent.

• Visited October 2013

toronto
“Mediocre is the best thing I can say”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

When will I learn? If a restauant has to give away 1/2 price coupons and the restaurant is still over half empty at 8pm on a Saturday night..something is wrong. But, still, this is a landmark Toronto establishment and one I hadn't tried before so I gave it a chance. It was OK. But just OK. I've had far better and, sadly, far worse on the Danforth. The ambiance is nice even though it is quite small. The service was excellent but that still doesn't make up for the average quality food. I had the roast lamb and it came out barely room temperature and tough. I would have sent it back but the thought of it being microwaved didn't appeal to me since it was stringy enough already. My dining companions had their meals delivered hot and they enjoyed them but said that they were a solid 7/10.

In their favour, the bread and dips that they bring at the beginning of the meal are quite good as is the hot pita. The rest...meh. Don't waste your money. I have a favourite restaurant on the Danforth that is consistantly excellent and from now on when a craving for Greek food hits...that's where I'm going.

• Visited June 2013
Makham, ON
“Our sons birthday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We have arrived at the restaurant for our scheduled time. Reservations were not required. It was on Monday afternoon. The place was empty at 3.00 PM. I have to admit that I was little worried about the freshness of the food. We were greeted by the owner, guided to our table. The place is very nice and clean. White table cloth with nice white napkins. The server / waiter greeted us within couple of minutes. We ordered some red wine (Greek) to start with. The service was very good. Our order was filed within 25 minutes. The food was fresh and tasty. Chicken, lam and pork souvlaki was good and tilapia was done very good. I have never had escargot in mushroom cups, but it was different and tasty. I would recommend this place if you are into Greek food

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Needs a bit of help”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We have been to the Palace about 3 times. We go back because of the service and owner not so much for the food. We've had better food at other Greek restaurants on the Danforth and better quality. Word of warning do not order the Caeser salad, it was awful. The rest is average. You'll get great service and enjoy your time there everything is freshly cooked.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ontario
“The most authentic Greek salad on the Danforth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

The horiatiki salata here is actually made with tomatoes and cucumbers with a big slab of feta on top - not the pile o iceberg lettuce with crumbled cheese so common elsewhere. The lamb kleftiko which followed was better than I usually get in Athens. Can't wait to come back and try some other dishes.

• Visited June 2012