“Little Anthony is not little when it comes to taste!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Little Anthony's

Little Anthony's
121 Richmond St. West, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Formerly Little Anthony's)
416-368-2223
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Little Anthony's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #164 of 6,561 restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Vegetarian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Richmond St. & York St.
Transit: Subway: Take University line to Osgoode Station. Walk 1 block south and 1 block east. This route takes about 3 minutes. Alternatively, take the Yonge line to Queen Station. Walk 1 block south and 2 blocks west. This route takes about 8 minutes. Streetcar: Take the Queen Streetcar to York Street and walk 1 block south to Richmond.
Description: Little Anthony's is a casual, energetic and affordable downtown osteria serving soul-satisfying Italian cooking.Claim a sunny table next to the restaurant’s grand windows and enjoy a quick lunch; meet friends for a specialty cocktail or Italian beer and a snack or two at the comfortable, convivial bar; host clients in the twelve-seat boardroom or an event in the spacious private dining room; or settle into the banquets and enjoy a leisurely dinner with a bottle of wine from the reasonably priced, wide-ranging list. LA's attentive staff and Italian cuisine are ready for you.
Toronto, Canada
“Little Anthony is not little when it comes to taste!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Little Anthony has been a landmark for a long time. Recently, it underwent a major renovation. However, the value of its service and cuisine remain stellar. My partner and I visit LA, as it is also called, before heading to the opera/ballet as it is conveniently located minutes from the Four Seasons. The staff are very attentive and the food is authentic Italian with a flair. The menu changes to reflect the season which is welcoming. The restaurant is family owned and this shows in all aspects of the restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

80% Recommend
Edinburgh
“Good but not cheap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had our last meal of our holiday here which was a celebration.. Popular place.. Staff were good but they said they were short staffed which was reflected in the time between courses. Food was very good and we enjoyed it but it was the most expensive meal we had had by far. Very close to Sheraton Hotel..

Visited September 2012
Ontario
“Very upscale look”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Very nice restaurant, nicely appointed, bright, very comfortable seating, upscale. The meal was excellent and we especially liked that it was served in a timely manner, no waiting for hours between courses. I did think that it was a tad overpriced but would certainly go again if in he area.

• Visited September 2012
Toronto, Canada
“New look and menu for a Toronto culinary landmark”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I've been going to Little Anthony's a few times a year for the better part of fifteen years, and neither the food nor the service has ever disappointed.

It had been a while since I'd dined at LA's, so I was delighted to accept an invitation to participate in a business networking event being held there last month.

When I walked through the door I hardly recognized the place! The new look is amazing. The restaurant is now much brighter, modern, and open. It's also configured to accommodate private dining rooms, large tables, and open areas like the bar.

Our group was probably 70 people, and we were easily accommodated without disturbing other diners. We had a sit down dinner after networking at the bar, and the food was absolutely delicious. I had a spicy gazpacho followed by seared salmon (with the skin perfectly crispy) and of course, tiramisu for dessert (who can refuse?!)

The food came out promptly, and amazingly everyone in our group was served at the same time, which is usually a rarity at these sorts of events (there's nothing worse than watching the table next to you receive their entrees while you're just starting your appetizer). The service was on par with some of the best restaurants I've visited in New York and Chicago, and really, everyone had such a great time.

The atmosphere is upscale without being stuffy, and staff is warm and approachable. I've been to LA's many times for dinner with friends, but this is the first time I attended a corporate event there. I would highly recommend considering this venue for any team/company events.

Oh, and one last thing: the bar. Awesome bar. One of the better Manhattans I've had all year.

If you've never been to Little Anthony's, or you've been before but haven't gone in a while, check it out. Everything's new, but somehow very familiar. This place made its name on great food, and the new menu doesn't deviate from this philosophy at all. I highly recommend.

• Visited August 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Restaurateur has a winning recipe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

LA’s is an outstanding restaurant, a personal favorite and a must go for anyone in the downtown Toronto core. Every time I go, I’m very happy with the experience and I strongly recommend going to this new restaurant.

I work downtown and generally feel there are very few downtown restaurants that offer high quality food (also great tap beer selection), modern décor, good service and all at a reasonable price. I think it’s ideal for business lunches with clients, but also fun with friends for dinner or lunch as the price is affordable. It’s a fun experience at LA’s, the staff is pleasant and service oriented. I’ve even had the chance to meet the head chef, Aaron Foster, who is clearly very passionate about food and has delivered a delicious menu with creative ideas. I’ve also met the owner on a visit and found out he owns Volos, another great spot across the street. He’s got a winning recipe, I love LA’s and strongly suggest everyone to try it out if you’re in downtown Toronto.

• Visited September 2012