“Outstanding Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Thai Restaurant

Golden Thai Restaurant
105 Church Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
(416) 868-6668
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
“Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Our group of 7 decided to eat here before a concert at the ACC. We were very impressed. The service was completely above and beyond expectations. Our server was absultely wonderful. He was attentive, without being obtrusive, and did a number of little extras for us (for example: substituting a vegetable soup for the shrimp soup, without us even asking, due to allergies). My friend and I shared the Orchid meal, which was a great sampling! I also tried the Red and Green curry that others ordered, and it was all very tasty. The decor and atmosphere was quite nice as well, I'd definitely recommend this place.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“Excellent value, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We were heading to a play and wanted to experience some thai that was different from our typical restaurant we eat at in Burlington. I checked tripadvisor and found this restaurant fairly close to our venue.

Atmosphere in the restaurant was great. I really enjoyed sitting at the back wall with a view of the restaurant. The wait staff was solid and very friendly. My wife had a dish that was a bit too spicy for her (she loves it, but often finds thai foods a bit too spicy), and the waiter brought a dish of oranges, cucumbers and some sugar for her to dip into to try and alleviate the sting of the spice. We did ask if the dish could be done mild, but was told that the 'mix' was done ahead of time and was made 'medium'. We seem to encounter this in all thai restaurants.

Our food was excellent - fresh, good quantities, presented well. We just enjoyed a few apps and had curry dishes. My wife is vegan and found lots to choose from. The curries were wonderful - aromatic and the quantity was great. The chicken in my panang curry was excellent. It was not a thin, typical slice that was overcooked - but was thick and juicy.

We don't travel often into the downtown area of Toronto to eat, but will make a point to stop in again at Golden Thai.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ontario
“Doesn't seem like authentic thai to me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We decided to come here for a work party, upon the suggestion of some of my coworkers, saying that it was one of the best thai restaurants. There was a variety of dishes ordered; my husband and I ordered the green curry and the pad thai, and got to taste the food of my coworkers. The green curry itself was a little bit on the spcier side and not as rich in coconut milk as I had in other thai places. Even my husband who can handle spicy food had trouble with the spice, that we had to order extra rice. The pad thai was probably a little better than the pad thai at spring rolls, but definitely did not taste authentic. I watched as my other coworkers pushed their food around, as not all of them enjoyed their meal either. I tried the coconut rice; it's good, but other thai places have coconut rice as well. Just don't know what the hype is about. If you want true authentic thai, try out Thai Bistro on Yonge near Finch; now that's true thai!

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Go to Spring Rolls across the street!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Why anyone would even bother coming here is beyond me. Years back, when we lived in the neighbourhood, this restaurant was a fav.
So my wife and I decided to go back - nostalgia and all that!!! The waiters are very UNfriendly. I have an allergy to sea food, informed them of that, and was promptly told that all dishes, whether pork, beef, or chicken, were cooked in a seafood broth !!!

I had no choice but to order from their very limited selection of vegetarian choices. The Server kept pushing a couple of vegetarian dishes. I listened to the suggestions, and was very disappointed with the taste. When the bill arrived, I decided not to leave a tip. The Server saw this, asked if everything was alright, and I told him no !!! He mumbled, rolled his eyes, and stormed away.
There are so many choices close to this dump - go elsewhere - fair warning.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

They are a very trendy and reasonably priced Thai restaurant in the Downtown core. Very nice and friendly staff. Great menu options. Decorated in a very modern, yet ethnic decor. Definite favourite of Thai food in Toronto

Visited December 2012