“Best lobster bisque ever!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fred's Not Here

Fred's Not Here
321 King St W, Toronto, Ontario M5V 1J5, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
(416) 971-9155
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fred's Not Here is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #202 of 6,548 Restaurants in Toronto
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Cross street: John Street
Transit: Subway: 2- minute from St. Andrew Subway Station.
Description: Casual Bistro located in the heart of Entertainment District specialize in wood grilled steaks & lobster. Certified Angus, USDA Prime and Ontario Dry Aged Beef grilled over Canada"s first commercial indoor hickory & oak fired pellet char-broiler
Toronto, Canada
“Best lobster bisque ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I've been to Fred's Not Here numerous times in recent years since randomly discovering it for a pre-theatre dinner. The service is always super friendly and fast. I recently went here for Toronto's Summerlicious event for dinner with some old school friends - they were quite impressed with the amount of food we got for the price we paid. Andrew was our server for the night and he was super friendly and helpful with our wine choices =) This was probably my 10th visit or so here (losing track) but I'm never disappointed and glad that it continues to keep its quality of service at this level.

Suggested things to order: LOBSTER BISQUE - DELISH! Their seafood paella is great as well.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Glad I gave it a second chance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I had dinner with my boyfriend during winterlicious of 2013. The food was amazing. The service was so awful we decided not to return even though the manager tried to compensate for the bad service. Recently we decided to give it another chance since we did love the food and the ambiance. We hoped bad service wouldn't repeat itself. I'm very happy to say we weren't disappointed at all. The manager remembered us when we walked in even though it was a year and a half later. Our server, Carrie, was amazing. They definitely redeemed themselves. I'm very happy to say that we will return. Most likely for the lobster and crab soup (best appetizer on the menu) and any of their wood grilled dishes.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“i am satisfied, worth the price, amazing food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Went there with my workmate. The food was so good. and the staff was so friendly and amazing. When i first came i was seated facing the window. And i requested the waiter to move us in other table since my eyes hurt because of the sunlight. And my server (I forgot his name, but he is bald and wearing glasses) was more than happy to move us to another table (I was so impressed considering the restaurant was so busy and fully booked).

The food, from appertizer till dessert was so amazing and very filling.
I cant wait to come back to try another menu from there!

Best summerlicious experience ever.

Would recommend to others!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Never disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Invited four friends for a summerlicious lunch and we all were impressed the selections and the service. Despite the busy hour my gests were amazed and enjoyed their dishes thoroughly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Didn't love it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I went over the weekend for a Summerlicious lunch and I was not impressed. The only thing good about this place was the amazing lobster and crab soup! I loved it and would recommend it to anyone who finds themselves here.
My steak was very overcooked and dry and in my friend's entrée, she found a huge chunk of plastic, but we didn't complain because we didn't want to pester anyone. But worst of all, I found the service horrible. I work in the service industry, so I try to be understanding of servers all the time knowing what they face behind the scenes, but my waitress was inexcusable. She never checked up on my table once. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and thought maybe it was because she was busy, but the restaurant was DEAD. Once my friend and I finished our dessert, she didn't even ask if we wanted coffee/tea, she simply cleared our table and at the same time, brought us our bill without saying anything. I've never had a worst waitress and found the service infuriating.

• 2 of 5 stars Food