“true authentic Italian” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Florentine Court
97 Church St (At Lombard Street), Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
416-364-3687
Improve this listing
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“true authentic Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Real Italian food done right! So delicious and quiet cozy atmosphere - perfect for dates or intimate groups.

Visited May 2012

Nashville, Tennessee
“This Restaurant is a True Gem!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

My wife and I (sometimes accompanied by our son) have made it a pint to dine at the Florentine Court whenever we visit Toronto, which is usually once a year, during July. We absolutely love the cuisine and the service/ambiance. Mr. Jimmy (Enzo) LoPresti is delightful and always makes us feel special and, above all, very welcome. On several occasions we have been the only customers in the restaurant, but I have never taken that as a negative (quite the contrary, as Signore Jimmy and his staff have taken care of us very well). But the food...outstanding. And this has been our experience time and again. Kudos to the LoPrestis! In short, this is a restaurant not to be missed when in Toronto. We are planning to dine there again in July 2012. Wouldn't miss the opportunity! Molto bene signore Jimmy, e bene fatto!

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Palo Alto, California
“Fond Memories — Grazie, LoPresti!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Something made me look up downtown Toronto's unforgettable Florentine Court this afternoon — maybe, because I would love to be there right now. And I am thrilled to find out that the restaurant and its original owners are still there!
I used to work in Toronto's financial district in the 1970s, and I loved to visit the LoPresti's Florentine Court. Do they still keep an enormous glass snifter full of trifle with zabaglione near the dining room entrance? Molto bravo!
Donna C.
Silicon Valley, California

Visited August 2010
Singapore, Singapore
“So Italian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

The 8 of us entered and realised we were the only patrons for the night, not sure if that's a good thing. This family run restaurant is old, since '68 and I don't think they renovated since. The owners and chef, an entire Italian family from Sicily is a hoot. They were so friendly, joking and candid. They recommended their house specials and sets and we lapped it up. The pizza and garlic bread was good. The starter of risotto and penne was also good. My veal was disappointing but the others in the party raved about their lamb. The homemade dessert of tiramisu was awesome. The only thing that was more of a letdown was the wine. The french chablis we ordered was actually '95 and it tasted like vinegar. They were great enough to give us an Italian red at no charge. Overall enjoyable, but not super great. Pity there were no other patrons for them for the night

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere