“5 ***** Portuguese Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chiado Restaurant

Chiado Restaurant
864 College St, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Little Italy)
(416) 538-1910
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chiado Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 6,550 Restaurants in Toronto
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Latin, Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Cross street: Ossington Avenue
“5 ***** Portuguese Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I went there with family, and I've to say that everything was great.
The layout and decoration of the restaurant...
The staff... Very professional and friendly...
And the food... Uau...
You should trie.

Visited November 2013

Toronto
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Very good traditional resturant, with amazing fish selection. This resturant which located on College street, is a long term establisment there. In all these years it was able to maintain its service and the food quality. It should also be noted that they have a verygood wine selection, and of course great desert manue. Please make sure to make a reservation as it alawys full of guests.

• Visited November 2013
“One of Toronto's Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We had previously dined at Chiado several years ago for a lunch. We had been very impressed. Over the years we got caught up sampling a laundry list of new entries in the Toronto dining scene. One of our party is a fish eater and a lover of Portuguese food, so we decided to revisit Chiado. We are so glad we did.

The restaurant is very traditional and elegant, a white table experience. The atmosphere is serene. Tables are well spaced and sound levels are conducive to conversation.

We began with appetisers of grouper carpaccio and grilled sardines. Fantastic. One of us had the entree of grouper and two of us the parrilhada. Brilliant. For dessert, we 3 forked the pear. The pear was divine. I would return just for that. All dishes were beautifully plated.

Service was flawless. Carlo our waitperson struck the perfect note- friendly, but not obsequious and not to casual. He is very well trained and charming.

Our bill before taxes including a $60 bottle of wine (suggested by our waiter and first sampled before we accepted; we rejected the first offering) was $240 for 3 people. We considered it very reasonable.

We have dined at many restaurants in Toronto and elsewhere and Chiado takes a place in the forefront. Outstanding! We will return soon.

• Visited October 2013
Toronto, Canada
“I would give it a 3.5 if I could for old school/Old World appeal and delicious food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My bf and I enjoyed a lovely meal here on a busy Saturday night. The restaurant was still quite full even at 930 pm so we were seated close to another table. It is a classy fine dining experience with well dressed clientele and the kind of Old School/Old World step back in time with a male server who comes across as if he is doing a favor by taking our order. My boyfriend adores fresh seafood but he has claimed to not enjoy Portuguese cooking so we put off coming to the restaurant. Based on reviews and word of mouth we decided to give it a shot. In the end my bf was quite pleased with the seafood dishes. My bf asked for one variation on the cooking of the fish to which the server responded, "I cannot tell the chef how to cook his food". Though the chef did try to accommodate the request. We both loved the Assorda (a dry soup of monkfish, lobster, shrimp, clams). The lobster risotto was not that memorable (despite reading favourable reviews in advance) and my bf loved the lamb. Score 1 for the Portuguese cooking. I may have preferred a wine list that was not entirely Portuguese offerings but for one night it is nice to step outside the usual offerings. I went with a selection offered by the server as I was clueless with the list. It was a pricey night so I don't think we will be rushing back there soon but I can recommend it to those who are on the fence.

• Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
“BEST FRESH FISH IN TORONTO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have eaten at Chiado many times, both for lunch and dinner.

The fish is spectacular, nice quaint restaurant that really knows its seafood.

Thanks