“Subpar Service but great food and dessert” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mirage Grill & Lounge - Scarborough

Mirage Grill & Lounge - Scarborough
26 William Kitchen Road | Kennedy Commons (Kennedy & 401), Toronto, Ontario M1P 5B7, Canada
416-335-1177
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,614 of 6,776 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: European, International, Fusion
Toronto, Canada
“Subpar Service but great food and dessert”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

My friends and I met here at the end of the summer before we went back to university. Cafe Mirage is open late, until 2 a.m. and this I believes proves very profitable to them as they are usually packed into the late hours.

Their desserts I find are similar to Demetres, but when I am down for some dessert but not willing to make the trip up to Richmond Hill I find myself here. Their portions are massive and generous though. Their cakes are also thickly sliced. I have tried their crepes and brownie sundae and am happy to say I enjoyed both and was struggling to finish it! My friends have had their wraps and they enjoyed them so I can only assume their food is as good as their dessert - the presentation certainly looked that way.

As I have said the place is packed at night and this unfortunately leads to slow service at times or at least for us, in a big table of 9, seated outside. Our orders took quite long to come as well. My experience sitting inside (with a table of 3) didn't have nearly as fast service that I would have hoped for. But then again the dessert is great. I have yet to try the drinks, but they have many options so on a late night with friends the service can be excused for their great dessert.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“delicius food good server ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

Hi we went to cafe mirage for the first time on our valentine's day the food was delicious.i been so many fine dining restaurant this was the best service i ever had. our special thanks to the server Huda whose excellent service made our valentines day even more enjoyable i would definitely come back and recommend our Friends

Visited February 2011
toronto
“disrespectful to families with kids”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

just walked out of cafe mirage in scarborough. Stopped by for a late night treat with kids ages 10, 14, and 16 . Waitress gave alot of attitude as didn't want to accomodate a fifth seat at the table. Restaurant was not too busy, no line up with empty tables on either side of us. Fine. We pulled up a chair that wasn't being used and our waitress advised we couldn't break up a set due to "policy" Fine again. The kids squished together. Waitress began to take our order. Now let me first tell you that the desserts are very generous at this spot and that we have been here before a few times with our friends and had only positive experiences. As we gave our order of a large chocolate sundae and a chocolate crepe to start..we hadn't yet ordered drinks for the kids and coffes for ourselves...the waitress says i'm sorry but there is a $5.00 minimun per person due to yet another "policy ". Let me tell you ,since we were trying to have a nice family outing we didn't confront anyone at this time we just got up and left. Before today we would recommend this place to all our friends as there are not many coffe houses open late in Scarborough. Unfortunately, this waitress and your "policy" has ruined it for us and believe me we will tell more than two friends.

toronto
“Fantastic food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2008

I love the food at Cafe Mirage! The taste, presentation, and price are all excellent. It's such a pleasure to have a cafe of this kind here in Toronto. The servers are a little slow and hard to find when you need them, but the quality of the food is outstanding.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This place never dissappoints. I love the chai latte there, especially - foamy milk at the top and shimmering golden...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2008

This place never dissappoints. I love the chai latte there, especially - foamy milk at the top and shimmering golden tea at the bottom.