“Delicious Lunch” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bymark

Bymark
66 Wellington St. W, Toronto, Ontario M5K 1J3, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
416-777-1144
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bymark is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #220 of 6,561 restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Continental
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Cross street: Bay
Lethbridge, Canada
“Delicious Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Well, this is a well-known Canadian watering hole, so I expected something special. I got it. The lobster and toasted cheese sandwich was truly out of this world. Who would think of a combination like that? Since I was alone, I watched the "power" people having their "power" lunches. I was the only person not wearing a uniform: suits appear to be de rigueur for the financial mannequins (I did not see one woman in a dress). Serious-looking, hunched-over conversation oozed from every table. Quite hilarious how self important everyone seemed. Oh well, after all, I didn't expect Tim Hortons. But the food was good.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
Victoria, Canada
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I went to this restaurant for a business lunch and had a great experience. Our server was clearly experienced and very knowledgeable about the menu. The menu is not endless but has enough choices for most people (even a couple of vegetarian options - they can also make other dishes vegetarian, as mentioned by the server).

The food is very $$$ but was just superb! (lots of flavour) Our group thoroughly enjoyed our meals and I would definitely come back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Great service and selections”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

We had a group of 8 and was impressed by the service, waiters suggestions, and the pace of our meal. We tried many appetizers and I was impressed most with the shrimp tacos, lobster poutine, and octopus. My wife loved the halibut and my filet was very good. Try the fresh corn as a good side dish. Get prepared for Bay Street prices but it was worth it. Very good wine selection too.

Toronto, Canada
“A Whole lot of nothing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The staff are more arrogant than the Bay Street clientel that frequent this place. Bymark is By Far one restauraunt I will not be going back to any time soon.

Visited August 2012
Perth, Canada
“Lovely atmosphere - delightfully different food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I liked the ambiance - quiet with natural materials, soft lighting and plenty of space between tables. Polished glasses shone, music at a nice, low level. Excellent waitress and the manager, Cindy, checked in on us several times and made recommendations for suitable wine (both perfect). We had delicious, crispy tacos to start with with tiny shrimps. I had the venison (perfectly cooked at rare) and we tried an unusual take on poutine which I normally dislike intensely. The crunchy fries were served with Bearnaise sauce and pieces of fresh lobster! The dessert was very different too - billed as creme brulee doughnuts. It should really be called creme brulee mini-profiteroles. They were gorgeous and served with a caramel sauce. Good coffee to finish off. The chef also stopped by to see how we liked the dessert and poutine - both new items on the menu. I liked being asked for feedback. A very good experience.

Visited August 2012