“One of our favourite places to eat in Toronto” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 93 Harbord

93 Harbord
93 Harbord St, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
416-922-5914
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #620 of 6,781 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Manchester, England
“One of our favourite places to eat in Toronto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is simply fantastic Middle Eastern food. My favourite dish is the Fesanjan, an Iranian dish of chicken cooked in walnut and pomegranate sauce, which is delicious. The staff are lovely and very friendly. We often choose this restaurant when we want to take family or friends out for a special meal. It's also a great location in the Annexe.

Visited June 2012

“Not what i had expected...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Decided to go to this restaurant for winterlicious and was kind of disappointed.
First the good things:
Appetizers had good flavours, and dessert (poached apricots) was yummy and creative.
and now the bad:
Main course was disappointing. We got lamb shank and chicken.
Lamb shank had lots of bones and fat... there was hardly any good meat.
Chicken was dry and lacked flavour.
Service was also not upto par. It took us 45 mins to get the bill and pay for it! I felt bad for the server who was juggling so many tables - they really need to hire more for winterlicious.
Mens washroom was in terrible condition... only one urinal which also had "not working" tag on it. and it was impossible to close the door of the toilet!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
North Vancouver, Canada
“Great Mediterranean/North African cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I ate here for my birthday in August by recommendation of a Toronto native and loved it! We started with the Mezze Platter - I definitely recommend it, very tasty and comforting dish. My main was the daily filet of fish (the halibut) which was fantastic! Our service was excellent as well and there was a great wine list.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mississauga, Canada
“Excellent cuisine with matching wine list and service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The night we visited (a Wednesday) the restaurant was quite quiet. There was a wide range of starters and I had the soup, which was a lentil dish and extremely palatable. Our table sampled a range of the starters and all were very well received. The chef prepares authentic dishes and is the spices are really good.
I tried the seafood birynani for my entree. The Mediterranean flavours were really a change from the standard fare.
A broad selection of deserts were offered and went down well.
I look forward to dining here again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lethbridge, Canada
“Middle Eastern and North African Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This excellent restaurant offers dishes from a variety of Middle Eastern and North African cuisines. I went with two friends and we had a wonderful time. I had the lamb and fig tagine which melted in my mouth and made me feel as if I was back in Tunisia. The desserts were more traditionally Middle Eastern, but I think were homemade and because of that especially delicious. We met the owner who was very gracious. He told us about his restaurant and made us feel at home. All in all, it was an terrific dining experience. The restaurant is only open in the evenings for dinner, but do get a reservation and enter an extra-special world of food.

• Visited September 2012