“Nicely appointed hotel room” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Reading Court, Toronto, Ontario M9W 7K7, Canada   |
Ranked #50 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Winnipeg
“Nicely appointed hotel room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We were here for one night at Air-Canada`s expense as a result of a missed connection. We did not have much opportunity to explore the hotel overall but the room was very nice, clean and spacious with a full kitchen, sitting area and bedroom. We had a take away dinner from and ate a quick breakfast at the attached Moxies and used the shuttle which runs twice an hour to get between the hotel and the airport. Probaly best suited for business trips. Service was good although people checking in very late as we did may have difficulty getting food after midnight.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Mississauga, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

After leaving my mouse track pad in one of the rooms I had called from home to confirm that it was left there. After speaking with the front desk I was transferred over to a gentlemen that was apart of the lost & found department. He had picked up the phone and told me to hold on. The call was dropped. An understandable mistake. However when I called again the man said he will look for it and just hung up the phone.

My phone number nor my name was taken down, I had to call a third time to have been properly put on hold for 5-10min from front desk in order to get my confirmation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Windsor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I came to this hotel on a business trip and I was warmly welcomed by the manager of the hotel (can't think of his name, sorry) but he escorted me up to my room and he was also very talkative and wanted to get to know me better which was nice since I was in Toronto by myself. Also, the closet was fixed promptly the same day by maintenance which was fantastic. I came on June 25, 2012 for a two night stay. Also, I didn't use the spa or ate breakfast so I apologize my rating doesn't count for that. However, I will definitely stay here at the hotel again. Thanks for the great service. However, the beds were hard which I did not like but service was unbeatable.

Room Tip: Choose a room of a higher floor if you can
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The lobby and surrounding area is very chic and attractive, ultra modern. The room was an average hotel room, 2 queen size beds. The bathroom faucet sprayed everywhere around the sink, including the countertop. Location is great, quiet despite the airport. There is a $12 per day charge for parking, which, if I knew before I booked, would have led me to stay elsewhere. There are many other hotels in Toronto with free parking and free breakfast, but the Sandman is not one of them. For the same price, I could have went up the street and had both.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Had a nice two-day stay in a Corporate King room. There was more than enough room to work and relax. The king bed is in it's own room which is a nice touch. My room was located in the corner so I had views of the (tiny) golf course and could watch planes land/take off. The airport noise wasn't bothersome at all.

The cleaning staff was wonderful and made sure I had everything I needed. I will definitely stay here again.

There is a Moxies on-site which is very convenient (they do room service too) but the service here is very hit and miss - more of a miss in the evening.

Room Tip: Spend the extra and get the corporate king room - often times it's a small upgrade fee from the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We were on our way to Las Vegas, with a layover in Toronto when Air Canada advised that our Toronto-Vegas flight was cancelled. Our incoming flight was delayed and since TSA requires that we handle our luggage ourselves, there was no time to transfer the luggage on the next flight. Air Canada arranged for us to spend the night at Sandman and provided vouchers for food at Moxie's.
This hotel is located close to the airport with a shuttle running every 30 minutes. The reception staff was very pleasant and we enjoyed our meal at Moxie's. The room was a bit on the small side and the double beds were too small for us as we are used to sleeping on a queen. We maybe should have asked if they had rooms with only one bed, our mistake. Pillows were a bit too thick also. We didn't ask the reception to address any of this as we were spending less than 12 hours there. On the plus side, the place was very clean and the free wifi worked very well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ingersoll, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed in October over night at the Sandman. Love the location with easy access to the airport via the hotel shuttle. Service. We upgraded to a suite....well worth it in my opinion. Hotel connects to Moxy's which is very convenient. Sleep quality is very good. Room had a breakfast bar; stove, fridge, etc. Excellent to store items in.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!