“Elegant minimalism” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Hazelton Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Hazelton Hotel to your Saves list
The Hazelton Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   118 Yorkville Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5R 1C2, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Ranked #10 of 142 Hotels in Toronto
London, United Kingdom
“Elegant minimalism”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Perfectly situated next to some of the most chic restaurants and stores in town. The rooms are palatial. Free wifi. Amazing bathrooms. Great restaurant and bar. First class gym. Hard to top!

Good example of the service standards for business travel: I needed a new pitch book printed and bound on very short notice. The hotel staff turned it around in minutes. I will surely return both for business and for fun.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Wow, not much to say. The Hazelton just understand how to please their customers. Big rooms, very modern, clean as never seen before, comfy beds, great selection of pillows and REALLY good bathroom with good facilities.
I arrived early, around 6am. My room was ready, and first thing they said at the counter was "Welcome Mr. Skov-Jensen, it must have been a long flight, would you like a cold water?". It's a small things, but for me these things counts, A LOT.

I would absolutely go back. It's not cheap, but it's worth it. Location is unbeatable by the way.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Norland, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The Hazelton hotel is is my favourite place to stay in Toronto. The rooms are BIG and luxurious, the food in the restaurant (Mark McEwan's "One") is off the hook and the atmosphere is A list. You feel as though you might run into a celebrity at any minute...and you might! But for me the most appealing thing about this great hotel is the helpful, courteous and knowledgeable staff. From front desk to doormen to housekeeping my interactions with everyone were great. I Highly recommend the Hazelton.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Yurika_H_Res_Mngr, Manager at The Hazelton Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Mr. Oliver G.

Thank you for the wonderful comments about your stay with us. Your feedback is welcome and inspiring for our staff to continue to strive toward service excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Hazelton Hotel.

Kind regards,

Yurika Hinkle
Reservations Manager at The Hazelton Hotel
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Beautiful architecture in the trendy Yorkville area for those that know Toronto. My brother and I made a pitstop there as we were riding motorcycles cross country and this was a great place to recharge. The rooms were large, soaked up the surroundings as we parked and just walked to all the places around for the most part since everything is close. The big thing though was the pool. After 400 miles and hours of grit although a shower is nice, that huge heated pool was amazing. Afterwards we hit the connecting restaurant which I believe was a blend of steakhouse and other amazing food. The bottom line was that it was "the" place to meet everyone, as it packed up quickly with the a huge outdoor patio. Service was great. #1 place in Toronto.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Minden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the hotel in mid November. We were doing some Christmas shopping and also had my 7 month old grandson with us.

The staff at this hotel are truely first class. Everyone was extremely helpful from the moment we arrived until the moment we left. When we arrived in the HUGE room, they had a crib made up for my grandson with baby bath amenities and a little toy for him. So thoughtful!

I especially enjoyed the huge soaker tub in the bathroom. Very relaxing after a long day on your feet...and to be able to watch tv while in the tub made it that much better.

I would definitely reccommend this hotel and I will personally always choose this hotel when in Toronto. It is in the perfect location, with spectacular rooms and an excellent restaurant. You cant ask for anything more!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Yorkville or Hazelton Avenue.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel does it right. Plain and simple. Superior service on all fronts. Adam at the front desk is a master of service and making you feel welcome.

Justin Bieber was there the same day as I and I felt just as important (minus the screaming teenagers out front).

Large rooms, spectacular bathrooms, great restaurant and bar, and superior location. This hotel is a wonderful boutique hotel that does not disappoint.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Belle River, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My girlfirend and I stayed at the Hazelton this past weekend checking in November 30 and checked out on December 2. From the moment we checked in around 10pm, great service. We walked up to the front desk, and the Front Office Manager, greeted me by name, how she knew my name?? She had an associate personally take us to the room, gave us a tour. The room is large and well appointed. Spent time in the "One Lounge" owned and operated be renown Chef, Mark McEwan, great service, food and drinks. Room service breakfast Saturday was perfect - food well presented and tasty, excellent service. We worked out in the gym and met Justin Bieber and his Mom - now isn't that memorable!! The hotel is in the best location in Yorkville, walking distance to great shopping and restaurants. I have stayed at Windsor Arms, Four Seasons, Park Hyatt all in Yorkville - Hazelton has them beat hands down. We will stay there again on next trip to Toronto!! thanks, Brian and Janice

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Hazelton Hotel? Share your experiences!