“Stay Here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Hazelton Hotel

You added The Hazelton Hotel to your Saves list
The Hazelton Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   118 Yorkville Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5R 1C2, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Ranked #10 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, ON
“Stay Here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

From the moment you walk into this hotel you feel special. The rooms are large and spacious, even the standard ones. The Washroom and Closet area is consistently one of the nicest I've seen. Room Service is always great but for something more special go down to One in the dining room or bar. Amazing on all counts!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed just 1 night at this hotel and it is really nice. Very contemporary in it's design and yet very warm. The room was spacious with a great area for dressing and putting away clothes. I would have liked a balcony but I think only a few of the luxury rooms have them. The service in the hotel is fantastic and actually quite genuine. It seems like they have hired some of the nicest most helpful people to work at that hotel. One restaurant has a great patio and excellent food. My only concern about the restaurant is that the seating makes the place so tight. People were constantly knocking our chairs at dinner. The spa is very small, and not the most inviting or relaxing waiting area. This is easily made up with by far one of the best massages I've ever ever had. So the only concern I had about this hotel is that it is starting to wear. The room is nice, but can do with a better cleaning. I know that sounds picky but there were spilled drinks of some sort on the counter and drawers, table wasn't too clean either. Just needs a good solid cleaning. Otherwise, nice location, spa, restaurant and very good service. Will return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Timmins, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is the best hotel in Toronto. It also happens to be situated in an excellent location. The rooms are modern, very clean and have a cool built in tv in the bathroom mirror which I like. The beds and pillows are very comfortable and you can get a really good sleep here. This boutique hotel has some great amenities. I like the indoor pool and steam room in the spa. Also, I have enjoyed watching some movies in the amazing screening room. As for the hotel staff, they aim at pleasing their guests and make a wonderful team. You get exceptional treatment by the professional management and staff here. This is my favourite hotel in Toronto.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have been staying at the Hazelton the past few nights and absolutely loving it!!

Location: Yorkville is THE PRIMO spot in Toronto. This area is an upscale village of high-end shops, cafes, restaurants - all in these amazing converted Hansel and Gretel style houses. By far the best area in the city for walking around and exploring. Just off the main shopping street as well, where you'll find everything from Banana Republic to H&M to Chanel!

Restaurant: The chef is a judge on Top Chef Canada- expect the food to be amazing! I had breakfast, lunch and several dinners here, all top notch. There is a lovely outdoor area that stretches from one street to the next, and is IDEAL for people watching- great location once again.

Expect to see celebrities- there have been to busses full of musicians loading and unloading since I've been here!

Rooms: HUGE, spacious, comfortable, modern (heated bathroom floors, one-touch electric drapes and lights on/off,night mode; great pivoting plasma TVs) and french doors/windows open up to fresh air.

Pool: Indoor pool- amazing! Spa fabulous. Fitness center is small, but has all you need.

L'Occitane bathroom products- doesn't get better than that!
Complimentary overnight shoe shone.

Wonderful staff who are extremely courteous. General Manager always visible on property greeting guests. Top notch property and my favorite in Toronto by far.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed here with my Mum at the end of a trip to and around Toronto. We had stayed at the Yorkville Intercontinental at the beginning of our stay and we agreed that the Hazleton was on balance worth the extra. We had a great welcome, from the smiling doormen to the front desk staff who immediately gave us will ice cold bottles of mineral water - just what we needed from our long journey.

Our King room was spacious and the huge marble bathroom was furnished with a remote control tv and great l'occitane products. A fantastic back lit magnifying mirror is provided by the sink also - a really nice touch. Digital weighing scales also. A huge hanging area included three open sections for hanging clothes with ample hangers (so rare) drawers and large mirrors - this functions as a kind of walk-in wardrobe area outside the bathroom.

There is a turn-down service in which slippers are put out, and as well as the bed being prepared a weather card is left on the bedside with tomorrows forecast. I was also able to select a memory foam pillow from their menu - not as firm as the Tempur one I have at home - but still very welcome!

We were on the 3rd floor and so not much of a view, but we did have a Juliet balcony which opened out onto a view of the street below, so some action, if not much sunlight.

The room was spotlessly clean - I am very fussy and could really not find fault!

We found the service to be really fast and friendly. Here are some examples:

When I called the concierge to find out about where could find a shop to buy a DVD, he not only recommended some stores but contacted them to check availability of the Film I was looking for. Then having tracked it down (it was quite obscure) offered to have someone collect it.

I had issues logging onto the wifi - someone was sent up within 2 minutes.

We ordered tea from room service - the tray arrived within five minutes.

When it's your last 24 hours in a city as fun as Toronto you want to make every minute count and such fast service really helped!

I used the Pool which was small but good for swimming laps. I didn't like the way this area was lit - some floodlighting in the pool and darker lighting in the pool ceiling would make it more welcoming.

The changing/showering area was really well lit and equipped with head and body towels, all the lovely l'occitane products (again) and other cosmetics including shave foam and deodrant. It oozed opulence, rare for a changing room!

We enjoyed cocktails on one occasion and then food at hotel restaurant One. Food errs on the side of light with interesting Asian influences. My only gripe would be the host staff at the restaurant, some of whom seemed more into posing than being welcoming - i'm sure it's a cool job to have, but on more than one occasion it took a few tries to get their attention when wanting a table.

Overall, this is an awesomely well run hotel and we are planning to visit again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Hazelton recently and it truly exceeded all expectations.
As I look at the other reviews, my thoughts are similar ... incredible staff, very comfortable rooms, it felt like home (but better).
And if the hotel is not enough, your situated in trendy yorkville, where everything is a close walk.. shops, museums, restaurants.
This is an easy choice!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Gatineau, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed at the Hazelton Hotel with my husband for the first time on our last trip to Toronto. We had a wonderful time and loved every minute at the hotel. The place is spotless and the room was gorgeous. We were impressed with the bed, linen and comforter which we found to be of the finest quality. It was also very nice to have complimentary soft drinks and water in the room fridge. We loved the neighbourhood and enjoyed walking in the area. This boutique hotel is first class, quaint and its staff is incredibly attentive to their guests. We found the staff wonderful and friendly and immediately discovered this upon entering the front door, then to the front desk, and during our stay the cleaning crew and people in the spa. The Concierge were also helpful in assisting us with reservations and tourist attractions. We always felt well looked after. We were delighted when a young boy named Owen who was helping the staff noticed us struggling with our room key in the hotel elevator. He kindly and pleasantly greeted us first and offered to assist us and then made us aware that one of our room key was demagnetized. He took such great care of us for a young person and also arranged for a new key to be brought to us which we very much appreciated. It was a joy to stay here. We really liked the ambiance and kindness offered at the Hotel and will now always make the Hazelton our hotel of choice when visiting Toronto.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Hazelton Hotel? Share your experiences!