“Great hotel in fantastic location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District

You added Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   255 Wellington Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 3P9, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #22 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Calgary, Canada
“Great hotel in fantastic location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

This was our first time staying in a residence type hotel, and we are converted! The room was comfortable, clean and very spacious - probably larger than some Toronto starter condos! It doesn't have the amenities available in a full service hotel like the Fairmont or Hilton, but that made it feel quieter and more private, which we loved. No piano player in the lobby (because there is no real lobby) no hordes of party girls clogging up the lounge (because there is no real lounge), no room service at 11pm, but you can buy stuff at the grocery store across the road and cook it yourself in your private kitchen. A really great choice for self-sufficient people who just want to do their own thing.

Good points :
1. Breakfast is included, so don't have to waste an hour every morning figuring out where to eat.
2. Rooms have kitchens, so you can do your own thing if you don't want to eat out.
3. Excellent location, only a few blocks away from great bars, restaurants and entertainment options.
4. The main thing you see from the window is the CN tower. It looks really beautiful at night, when it's all lit up.
5. King size bed was SUPER comfortable.
6. No noise pollution that we noticed, either from outside or from surrounding rooms.
7. Room had free wireless, although we didn't need it.

Can't really think of any bad points!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Hyderabad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

This is a great hotel to stay with for a lot of reasons - comfort away from home for extended stay folks especially, amazing staff - friendly and helpful, ideal location for work and fun, safe place and lovely place. This will be my place to stay whenever i am in Toronto undoubtedly

CARSON, CALIFORNIA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

First time in Toronto and Canada, went with the Residence Inn with help from the reviews here on TripAdvisor. Hotel is on Wellington St. West which is pretty calm and quiet. Not too many places to eat right next to the hotel except for a Indian restaurant right next door that I didn't try. The hotel is approximately a block and a half away from the Hyatt Regency Toronto (on King) which is the stop for the Toronto Airport Express (good way to get to and from Pearson Airport). Staff was really professional and check-in and out was quick. The daily breakfast that starts at 6:30am was pretty good. The room (#301) had more than enough space for me and was very clean.

Location wise its great if your in town to see the Blue Jays play with the Rogers Centre within easy walking distance as is the CN Tower. I was able to walk from the hotel to the St. Lawrence Market, City Hall, Royal Ontario Museum and Queen's Park Legislative Building with no problems. All in all it was a great stay and when I return I will be sure to use the Residence Inn again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

Let me start off by saying that I travel quite frequently and I have stayed at many hotels. This property has just skyrocketed to the top of my favorite list! I'm an Elite Marriott Rewards member and I used points to stay at this hotel for one night. From the outside it doesn't look like much. Once you step inside, you're welcomed by the friendly front desk staff. I requested a room with a view of the CN Tower. I was told a view couldn't be guaranteed but there was a room on a high floor available. Room 2112 not only had a awesome view of the CN Tower, but the room itself was everything I needed and wanted. Very modern and contemporary decor and very spacious for a downtown hotel. Not to mention the full kitchen and free internet access. The bed was extremely comfortable and there weren't any bed bugs. The hotel offers complimentary hot breakfast buffet also. I experienced a few minor problems during my stay. 1) The cable tv went out and wasn't fixed before I went to bed. However, there is a clock radio/cd player/mp3 dock that I used for entertainment. 2) The vending machine took my change and didn't dispense my soda pop. They weren't able to refund my money because they don't own the vending machine. But they did give me a free can of soda from the bar. 3) The walls seem to be really thin because I could hear loud music, yelling, screaming and laughing coming from my neighbors room. 4) Parking is ridiculous $35 for valet service. Luckily, I found overnight parking nearby for $20. None of this took away from the overall great experience I had at the Residence Inn. Easy to see why this property is #1.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Chatham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel in Toronto since it opened 3 years ago. I probably stay 3 to 5 nights per month. I have been staying in Toronto for about 12 years now and until I discovered this hotel I would never stay in the same location very long. Now when I am greeted at the door with welcome home they mean it and I fell like this is my home away from home. Everything about this hotel says "first class". I would never stay anywhere else when in Toronto. I like clean, predictable, friendly and attentive to detail. This hotel has all that in spades.

Speightstown, Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

With some pride, I think I was surely among the first people to stay in the Residence Inn, Toronto, downtown when it opened 2 years ago. I have not since, and will not, stay elsewhere when in Toronto . (see my ratings).

I have found that I am returning to the city (Toronto) on business again next week (mid May), and, as opposed to dreading the travel, as I do most trips, I can hardly wait. The staff, to a person, are as close as family can be to me (sometimes much, much kinder and more considerate). The rooms are spacious (try for a corner 05 or 10 room).

My business involves meetings, conferences, promotions, and has, on four continents for the past 25 years. The Residence Inn on Wellington Street has become, and remains, my favourite property of any.

I send all my friends and business associates there, should they find themselves in Toronto.

Simple truth

David Walker

Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

I have stayed at the Residence Inn in Downtown Toronto several times and I always find this hotel very clean and the service from the staff is excellent. It is great to have the full kitchen to make our own food. The pool area and computer room are great as is the breakfast in the morning. I would definately stay at this hotel again. It is great for families with children.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District

Address: 255 Wellington Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 3P9, Canada
Location: Canada > Ontario > Toronto > Downtown Toronto
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#11 Family Hotel in Toronto
#13 Business Hotel in Toronto
#36 Romantic Hotel in Toronto
Hotel Class:3 star — Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District 3*
Conveniently located in the heart of the downtown entertainment district, near major businesses, restaurants and attractions. Steps to CN Tower, Ripleys Aquarium, Metro Convention Centre, Rogers Centre and the Bell Light Box. Residence Inn has perfected the extended stay experience offering 256 stylish, oversized studio, one or two bedroom suites with full kitchens and living areas. Enjoy a complimentary, full, hot buffet breakfast and a light supper social 2-3 nights a week, from 6-7.30pm. Relax in the hot tub or pool area adjacent to the state-of-the art fitness centre. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Marriott, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn By Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District Hotel
Residence Inn Toronto Downtown
Toronto Residence Inn

If you own or manage Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.