This was our first time staying in a residence type hotel, and we are converted! The room was comfortable, clean and very spacious - probably larger than some Toronto starter condos! It doesn't have the amenities available in a full service hotel like the Fairmont or Hilton, but that made it feel quieter and more private, which we loved. No piano player in the lobby (because there is no real lobby) no hordes of party girls clogging up the lounge (because there is no real lounge), no room service at 11pm, but you can buy stuff at the grocery store across the road and cook it yourself in your private kitchen. A really great choice for self-sufficient people who just want to do their own thing.
Good points :
1. Breakfast is included, so don't have to waste an hour every morning figuring out where to eat.
2. Rooms have kitchens, so you can do your own thing if you don't want to eat out.
3. Excellent location, only a few blocks away from great bars, restaurants and entertainment options.
4. The main thing you see from the window is the CN tower. It looks really beautiful at night, when it's all lit up.
5. King size bed was SUPER comfortable.
6. No noise pollution that we noticed, either from outside or from surrounding rooms.
7. Room had free wireless, although we didn't need it.
Can't really think of any bad points!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of the downtown entertainment district, near major businesses, restaurants and attractions. Steps to CN Tower, Ripleys Aquarium, Metro Convention Centre, Rogers Centre and the Bell Light Box. Residence Inn has perfected the extended stay experience offering 256 stylish, oversized studio, one or two bedroom suites with full kitchens and living areas. Enjoy a complimentary, full, hot buffet breakfast and a light supper social 2-3 nights a week, from 6-7.30pm. Relax in the hot tub or pool area adjacent to the state-of-the art fitness centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Marriott, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District Hotel
- Residence Inn Toronto Downtown
- Toronto Residence Inn