This Residence Inn is on a relatively quiet street but right in the heart of all of the tourism you will want to do while in town. Just two blocks from the Rogers Centre and CN Tower and a block from theatres and restaurants in the entertainment district make this easily walkable to many places. Chinatown is also walkable, and the subway is nearby if you want to get up to the Bloor/Yorkville area or somewhere else in the outer-stretches of the city.
The rooms are spacious with modern amenities. Residence Inn is good for families as you get a full kitchen and having the extra space makes it easier for longer stays. There is complimentary breakfast, although it does get very crowded. I recommend hitting it early (before 7:45am) if you don't want to wait in line. There is also a small bar area but it closes relatively early in the evening.
Valet parking is a bit pricey at $47/night. If you can avoid it, don't bring a car. It's crowded to drive in the city and parking is expensive in many places. Public transportation options are readily available. The valet mostly worked well except when we were checking out on Saturday and had to wait 20-30 minutes for our car (like they were surprised people check out on Saturday mornings).
This is a good choice if you want to be downtown and value the extra space over a full service restaurant/bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of the downtown entertainment district, near major businesses, restaurants and attractions. Steps to CN Tower, Ripleys Aquarium, Metro Convention Centre, Rogers Centre and the Bell Light Box. Residence Inn has perfected the extended stay experience offering 256 stylish, oversized studio, one or two bedroom suites with full kitchens and living areas. Enjoy a complimentary, full, hot buffet breakfast and a light supper social 2-3 nights a week, from 6-7.30pm. Relax in the hot tub or pool area adjacent to the state-of-the art fitness centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and EasyToBook so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District Hotel
- Residence Inn Toronto Downtown
- Toronto Residence Inn