This is a great hotel to stay at while in Toronto, especially if you're traveling with children. The rooms are clean and spacious. Ours was a driving vacation, so having the fully equipped kitchen was a godsend. Any food items we had packed in our cooler or bought while in Toronto could be stored in the full-size fridge. The hotel itself is within walking distance to the CN Tower and the stadium where the Toronto Blue Jays play.
We booked the Studio Suite and the layout was nice. We had an OK view. Ours overlooked some kind of electrical station, no view of the CN Tower. If we ever go back I'll make sure to request a room with a view of it. The king bed was on the softer side so if you have back problems, may not be the most comfortable. Our kids slept on the sofa bed and they said it was fine.
Breakfast is provided for all guests and it's fairly decent. My kids and husband seemed to like it. There were things like scrambled eggs, sausage, oatmeal, fruit and yogurt. Enough to get your day started off right. My only "complaint" is that the food wasn't kept stocked very well. So make sure you get there when it first opens, or you may be out of luck. I also noticed that they were trying to implement a system of checking everyone in, I guess to make sure that no one off the street was trying to eat. It was a little chaotic as guests didn't seem to know where to initially line up (as there is more than one way to get into the eating area).
My kids used the pool and said it was nice. There are changing rooms and bathrooms located in the pool area, which is great.
The exercise room left something to be desired. I'm an avid runner, and there was only one treadmill. Thank goodness no one was ever on it, nor anyone waiting to get on it. The other equipment in there (elliptical and 2 bikes) seemed kind of rickety.
You have to valet your car, which is very typical of any large city hotel. I take my hat off the the valet attendant - he was so patient with us! We used our car on several different occasions. He was fast, friendly, and never once seemed annoyed. He was great!
Overall a good experience. Would stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District Hotel
- Residence Inn Toronto Downtown
- Residence Inn Toronto
- Toronto Residence Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of the downtown entertainment district, near major businesses, restaurants and attractions. Steps to CN Tower, Ripleys Aquarium, Metro Convention Centre, Rogers Centre and the Bell Light Box. Residence Inn has perfected the extended stay experience offering 256 stylish, oversized studio, one or two bedroom suites with full kitchens and living areas. Enjoy a complimentary, full, hot buffet breakfast and a light supper social 2-3 nights a week, from 6-7.30pm. Relax in the hot tub or pool area adjacent to the state-of-the art fitness centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.