You added Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   255 Wellington Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 3P9, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #21 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Kingsville, Canada
“Great Experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stayed here for business/pleasure for two days. I booked my room and was given a terrific rate! I was skeptical at first because I booked a room during Grey Cup Weekend in Toronto which meant that the city was extremely busy that weekend. I was delightfully surprised when I stepped into my room and it was huge! Beds were comfy, hotel was quiet at night, there are many restaurants around that deliver, spectacular view, very close to the CN tower and Rogers centre....perfect location! I needed a room, last minute, for another night...even though they were booked to the brim, they did everything they could to accommodate me and found me a room for the following night. Thank You Mariott !!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We chose to stay here on a weekend trip in Toronto for a wedding, as the location is excellent and we were able to book through the Marriott website a rate lower than at most other non-budget hotels in the area ($230/night).

This property is middle-of-the-road for a Residence Inn, with fairly generic decor -- nothing fancy. However, all the furnishings and appliances seemed relatively new, and our room was spotlessly clean. All staff were friendly and pleasant, and have obviously been well trained in guest relations.

Our visit coincided with the busy Grey Cup weekend, and though we were on the 18th floor the windows were unable to entirely block the noise from nighttime revelers on the street below. Fortunately, this wasn't loud enough to keep us from falling asleep; the very comfortable bed helped too, as did the hotel's honouring of our request for a room far from the elevators. We only heard our neighbours if they were talking in the hallways on their way to and fro, never when they were in their rooms.

While the base room rate represents a bargain for the area, note that this hotel charges $1.50 for a local call from the room phone, and also that their valet parking fee is $40/day so you may wish to park elsewhere (guests may not self-park in this hotel's lot). However, wireless and wired internet are free and reliable, and breakfast is included in the room rates. The range of buffet breakfast options is decent, though I would have preferred glasses and metal cutlery to the plastic cups and utensils provided.

The convenience of having a kitchenette (even if you use this only for making the complimentary hot beverages and popcorn provided) only adds to the good value provided by this property.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Residence Inn for a weekend in October to celebrate our anniversary. We wanted to spend the weekend in Toronto near the entertainment district and get a hotel with a full kitchen so we could cook our own meals. We decided on the Residence Inn based on all the great reviews.

We were greeted at the door by some very friendly doorman and front desk staff. When we had initially booked our room online, we we assured that the room would have a full kitchen including an oven/stove, however when we got to our room, we noticed the kitchen only included a small stovetop with two burners. Luckily, I saved the online conversation with the rep who booked our room, assuring us that we would have a stove/oven. When we showed this to the front desk staff, they initially said they couldnt do anything to change our booking since the only rooms that had an oven/stove were the 2 bedroom studio suites and that they only had 2 of those rooms left. They offered to let us use an oven on another floor. If the story ended there, it wouldve resulted in a bad review as all the meals we planned to cook required an oven. But.....they eventually upgraded us to a bigger room with a full sized kitchen at no extra charge. We were extremely satisfied with this.

The room was amazing - it was actually overwhelming at first as it was so much more space than the King bed studio room. There were 2 bedrooms, livingroom, 2 bathrooms and a full sized kitchen equipped with all the utensils you would need! It was so clean and well kept. The beds were very comfortable.

The service was incredibly prompt! There were a few items we needed such as paper towels and a dish sponge - within 3 minutes of calling down to the front desk asking for these items, someone arrived at our door.

The breakfast buffet was by far the best we've had. There was a great selection of fruit, bread, muffins, oatmeal, potatoes, sausages, French toast and more. Despite some reviews saying the buffet got quite busy, we never had a problem with crowds or getting a table.

The hotel offered a wide range of services for their guests such as social evenings during the week and even grocery shopping for you!

The location was great-within walking distance of shopping, convenience stores and entertainment. We went to watch War Horse and it was only a 5 minute walk to the theatre district.

Perhaps the one negative aspect of our stay was that both toilets weren't working and my boyfriend had fixed them himself before they were serviced by hotel staff.

A tip about parking-it is quite expensive to park at the hotel (approx $35/day + tax). There's a parking garage on Windsor street and we parked there from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon for less than $30 total.

Overall, we were extremely happy with our stay at the Residence Inn. We would definitely return and would highly recommend this hotel for the service, cleanliness and great value!

• Stayed October 2012
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My family has taken to looking for 2 "extras" in a hotel: a swimming pool & a free breakfast. The Residence Inn has both. That and being a seemingly new hotel, a great location, & a reasonable price (for Toronto, on Santa Claus Parade weekend) made for a great stay.

...With a perfect moment:
My 8-year-old daughter & I wandered down to the bar in the early evening, me for better wifi & her for the promise of complimentary snacks -- which turned out to be only early week. But the bartender, Randolph, went way, way, way out of his way to whip up a scrumptious chocolate milk - banana shake for my daughter (...and for me (...and, with what was left in the blender, for my wife, back in our room)). And then Randolph wowed my daughter with impressive card tricks. ("Real magic!" she told my wife.) It was a highlight of our trip. Bravo, Randolph, and bravo, Residence Inn.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is a great location, good value for the money and the kitchennets are really nice to have.
The breakfast is the best hotel breakfast I have had. Although it says continental, it has eggs, pancakes..even had waffles one day. Overall great!! Would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Adelaide Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed here mid-week for 2 nights and they coincided with the social evenings held in the lounge-dining room on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. These involve a free light meal and non-alcoholic beverages - an opportunity which was taken up by families and individuals who, like me, didn't want to go out to dinner. Very friendly and helpful reception, comfortable bed, excellent buffet breakfast included - with oatmeal porridge(!) - and located within easy walking distance of the CN Tower, Steamwhistle Brewery and Chinatown.

Room Tip: Rooms up high are quiet. Avoid ones near the lift maybe.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Laval, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel is not in the same category as some luxurious hotels on Front street, but offers a superb alternative at a better price. The rooms are well furnished including fully equipped kitchens, free wifi and the decent (but not exceptional) free breakfast is a great addition. The direction team offers social events as appreciation to customers 2 or 3 times a week (during my stay: cocktail with snacks and alcohol on Tuesday and complimentary pasta/salads dinner on Wednesday). It is only about 5 minutes walk to the convention centre, the Rogers center and the CN tower. Many restaurants around. I had a special fare with the convention I attended (159$/night) and felt I found the best possible deal for such great location. If back to Toronto, I would certainly book the Marriott Residence Inn again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from elevators are probably quieter (I heard bips coming from elevators while in the room...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District

Address: 255 Wellington Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 3P9, Canada
Location: Canada > Ontario > Toronto > Downtown Toronto
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#11 Family Hotel in Toronto
#13 Business Hotel in Toronto
#35 Romantic Hotel in Toronto
Hotel Class:3 star — Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District 3*
Conveniently located in the heart of the downtown entertainment district, near major businesses, restaurants and attractions. Steps to CN Tower, Ripleys Aquarium, Metro Convention Centre, Rogers Centre and the Bell Light Box. Residence Inn has perfected the extended stay experience offering 256 stylish, oversized studio, one or two bedroom suites with full kitchens and living areas. Enjoy a complimentary, full, hot buffet breakfast and a light supper social 2-3 nights a week, from 6-7.30pm. Relax in the hot tub or pool area adjacent to the state-of-the art fitness centre. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn By Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District Hotel
Residence Inn Toronto Downtown
Toronto Residence Inn

If you own or manage Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.