“Home away from home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of By The Park Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
By The Park Bed and Breakfast
Certificate of Excellence 2014
WELLINGTON, oNT
“Home away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

We recently moved from Toronto to the country but like to return often to our old neighbourhood; sometimes even weekly. We are very lucky that Ziggy and Margot maintain such lovely accomodation in such a great location. The subway is a short block away and there are numerous inexpensive restaurants as well. They make every effort to communicate efficiently and accomodate our special needs, such as forgetting things!

Room Tip: We stay in the suites and they are all similar.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Wiesbaden, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

Had a great time in Toronto in February at By The Park Bed and Breakfast! Warm and inviting decor along with friendly hosts Margo and Ziggy! Quiet, cozy and relaxing! Great Breakfast! Margo makes the best muffins and Ziggy can whip up a great omelet! Thanks for making Kat and myself feel at home!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
sharbot lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

The rooms are quiet and tastefully appointed. The king-size bed in the Walnut Suite is superbly comfortable, and the kitchenettes are well-equipped. All this, and parking too!

Room Tip: Check photos to locate reading lamps.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Stratford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

I stayed at By the Park frequently this past winter when I attended art classes in the area.
I found this establishement to be of very high quality and would recommend it to anyone. I mostly stayed in the self sufficient units, Iris and Daisy; the beds were comfortable, the rooms spotlessly clean and the the bathrooms were roomy and well equipped.
Margo and Ziggy are friendly, attentive hosts; their fine taste for lovely things is evident in the rooms and common areas of their two buildings.
The locaton of this bed ad breakfast is ideal for accessing either the High Park or Junction areas and of course its very convenient location with respect to the subway makes it an ideal location for accessing downtown Toronto.
I felt By the Park was good value for my money spent and plan to stay there again sould I need to.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

I've been going to By the Park for about three years now and I always stay there when I'm in Toronto. It's near to my brother's place and so convenient. There is always safe parking which is difficult to find in TO. I especially love the friendship I've developed with Margo and Ziggy - they are no longer the landlords/owners but my friends. If you're looking for a clean, well-maintainted, cozy, quiet place, this is the place for you. You'll not regret it!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
North Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

I have stayed several times at By the Park. I call it By the Park BYOB - 'Bring My Own Breakfast' because I stay in one of the units with a private bath and access to a shared kitchen. The suites I have stayed in are very clean and comfortable and the location is very convenient for me as I have family nearby. The subway is close so I can hop on and enjoy Toronto when I'm not with my family. I love the Roncevalles area - restaurants, coffee places, an excellent if ancient movie theatre and book stores. Highly recommended for independent travellers! Margot and Ziggy helpful.
Elspeth Richmond

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

We loved this place - very clean, great beds, easy parking and great location. We stayed here because our family lives nearby and doesn't have room for guests. It provided a great getaway from the chaos of family at Christmas. It was so clean we didn't have the allergy problems that we usually have in most hotels. We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to By The Park Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!