“Nice change of pace” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Newmarket, Canada
“Nice change of pace”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I'm glad I ate here once. With the wide variety of dining options available in the area, I'm not sure I'll be back. The food was average and the service made for a pleasant evening. I did enjoy being able to enjoy a XX cervesa here in Toronto.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“Slow service, bland food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is a restaurant with perhaps 7 tables, crammed into a very small space. The temperature inside fluctuates from hot to freezing, depending on whether guests are coming in and close the door.
I have heard the food is good for Mexican standards. Perhaps Mexican food is not my thing, but I found all dishes tasted the same (bland) and they were small and expensive. With as many staff as there are tables I suspect the owner needs to charge a lot for plates, but then the quality of the food needs to live up to it. For two starters, two mains and one glass of wine, we spent $80 including tax, before the tip.
My starter was served at the same time as my wife's main. My main was served soon after we had finished her main and my starter, but still there was no sign of my wife's starter. She had ordered cerviche and the menu states it takes 20 minutes to prepare. It finally showed up after 50 minutes, when the meal was cleared and most people would have sat down to coffee.
Expensive bland food served at the wrong time - I would not recommend this place.

• Visited February 2014