“Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mary-am Hotel North York

You added Mary-am Hotel North York to your Saves list
Mary-am Hotel North York
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   170 Willowdale Ave, Toronto, Ontario M2N 4Y6, Canada (Formerly Willowdale Inn)   |
Ranked #100 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
“Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

A total of 4 guests enjoyed the hotel suite comfortably! It has two bedrooms each with a queen bed, both very comfortable. WiFi worked there perfectly. It was clean and had all necessary amenities such as coffee maker, microwave etc. It's located in North York, which is very safe to walk at night. Subway is just 2min walk away. There are plenty supermarkets , bars and restaurants nearby.

Stayed March 2015

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Ottawa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2015

We spent just 1 night at the Mary AM hotel visiting family. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable, but other than that, the rest of the stay was not so enjoyable. The sound attenuation is poor so noise can be heard from everywhere, WiFi service was intermittent, the cable TV is very basic and there was no option to select movies, the hair dryer was broke and could not be replaced, the mattress for the pull out couch was thin and could not be slept on and finally there were no in-room instructions for the cable TV or WiFi.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Mary-am_Hotel, Manager at Mary-am Hotel North York, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hello FamilyOf4Ottawa,

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience you had at the Mary-am Hotel. I am glad to hear that you found our suites to be clean and our beds to be comfortable. However, I am very sorry to hear that the rest of your stay wasn't up to your satisfaction. Please accept our sincerely apology for all the inconvenience caused to you.

In relation to your comments regarding WiFi problems, please be assured that the issue has been fixed. We have installed second WiFi router in an opposite side of the hotel to provide a better coverage. 2 routers perfectly cover all the suites and guarantee to all of our guests the speed and quality internet connection.

I am also pleased to inform you that we have recently upgraded the cable TV package with adding more then 70 TV channels including E!, Family channel, the Comedy Channel, Bravo and many more.

In reference to your comments relating to the Internet and the TV channels in-room instructions, please be advised that we have developed and implemented brand new Guests Directory/ Rooms Binder which now contains information about things like - how to connect to WiFi, where to dine, how to turn-on TV and which channels we provide, additional services and more.

I also thank you for letting us know you found our sofa-bed mattress to be not-comfortable. However we haven't received any other complains about it in the past. We will keep an eye on it and will definitely take your opinion into consideration for the future improvements.

Again, we apologize your experience was not the best one and request you to give us another chance to prove that we really worked on your points.

Hope to see you again soon.
Veliky Novgorod, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2015

We spend there several days and were complitly satisfied.
First of all this hotel is very conviniently located - in a quiet area but close to downtown, subway station and shopping.
Our room was actually a suite. It was quite spacious with separated living room and a small kitchen.
I like the layout of the room. It was clean and functional.
All of receptionists we met seemed to be very friendly, always smiling and ready to help.
The only my complaince would be that they charge for breakfast. But they serve it "in bed" and it's kind of nice cause give extra time to rest in a bed.

Room Tip: We stayed at the room 104.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Mary-am_Hotel, Manager at Mary-am Hotel North York, responded to this review, February 25, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations and we hope to welcome you back during future stays.
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

They had trouble finding my reservation... Then finally found it. Trouble finding the company credit card.. Then found it. Showed me to my room ... It was occupied. Found me another room - it was pretty nice. There is minimal parking available. I asked for a wake up call.. It didn't come. They claim I slept through it .. Maybe I did.

So... My experience wasn't the best from a customer service perspective. However, the room was nice and clean, free wifi.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
First of all, I want to thank you for choosing us for your travel needs. I would also like to appreciate your taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. Your opinion is very important to us as It helps us to evaluate and improve the Mary-am Hotel.

I am delighted you found your room to be nice and clean and I am glad you enjoyed our free WiFi.

However It is saddening to hear that our customer service wasn't up to your satisfaction. And I would like you to know that this is not up to our standard as well. At the day of your check-in we were in a process of implementing a new reservation system. Unfortunately this caused some problems and mistakes with room reservations during the setup.

On behalf of entire team we would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced and hope you will stay with us again to assess the changes and see that we do provide an enjoyable experience.
Kitchener, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2014

If you enjoy being talked down to and hearing your neighbors conversation in the next room this is the hotel for you! Staff were unpleasant, walls were paper thin, definitely not worth the price advertised.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Mary-am Hotel. I am sorry to hear that it didn't meet up with your expectations.

I want to assure you our hotel is proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of products. And your feedback is very important to us as It helps us to improve our services.

I'd like to obtain some additional details regarding your stay but I was unable to find you in our system based on your tripadvisor name. I would appreciate If you could provide me with your name, dates of stay and details of problems you had so that I can personally investigate them and have all issues addressed and correct. I will send you a message via TripAdvisor.

I hope to hear from you soon and I do sincerely hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Been to Mary-am Hotel North York? Share your experiences!