Due to a GPS input error, we arrived at One King Street West close to midnight. We were greeted warmly, bags were handled efficiently and the studio suite with balcony that we had fervently requested, but was not guaranteed was ready for us. Again, fortunately, valet parking was available and – tho not inexpensive at $40 a night – was convenient, competent and well in line with big city prices. The studio suite was modern, attractive and well-appointed. (Another big plus was the availability of abundant both standard and USB plugs for electronic devices saving me from crawling about to find available outlets to plug in the phones, cameras and i-pads that are these days a necessity for ‘plugged-in’ travelers. No hard choices like unplugging the lamp or alarm clock to power up portable devices.) Internet access was free and wireless speedy enough to get what had to be done done.
In the end, a building, even one with attractive facilities, needs one additional ingredient before it can rightfully be called a hotel: hospitable people working there. One King West earns five stars in my book for hospitable staff. Everyone with whom we came in contact from General Manager Steve O’Brien, who speedily answer e-mail and helped us obtained the desired studio suite with a balcony; front desk manager McDonald, who left a hand-written welcome note and a bottle of champagne to celebrate Da Wife’s birthday; front desk and concierge…all seemed willing and happy to walk the extra mile or kilometer for guest satisfaction.
Tho the hotel’s extensive ‘make-over’ is not yet complete and a bit of clutter is inevitable, once in our digs, we heard no renovation-connected noise.
Great stay and good value for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersive and inspiring, One King West Hotel & Residence invites you to a uniquely vibrant place to stay. Enjoy the genuine warmth and gracious service at this unique oasis of hospitality. Indulge in architectural grandeur, sophisticated comfort and personalized service at One King West. Connect yourself to the city’s core business, entertainment and shopping districts from this premier address. Come and see why One King West is a hotel to call home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and EasyToBook so you can book your One King West Hotel & Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One King West Hotel And Residence
- 1 King West Hotel & Residence
- One King West Toronto
- Suites Toronto
- King Suites Toronto
- One King West Hotel Residence
- Suites 1 King West