“Nice and central” 4 of 5 stars
Review of One King West Hotel & Residence

Save Saved
You added One King West Hotel & Residence to your Saves list
One King West Hotel & Residence
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5H 1A1, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Ranked #40 of 142 hotels in Toronto
København
“Nice and central”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel is situated in the financial district and is close to most down town points of interest for a tourist. The staff are very helpful and professional. We got a room with a very noisy AC and was immediately met with a technician, who unfortunately couldn't fix the problem. We where then moved to another room where the AC was just as noisy, but the view better, so we settled for that and bought some ear plugs.
The first room was very narrow and with a small window, so make sure you get a room with a view.
You will have to pay for wifi in your room which I think is unacceptable for a hotel that standard, but there is wifi in the lobby and if you can get an accescode, the wifi will also work in your room.
In our final room, there was a blouse haning in the cupboard and som left over food in the fridge, which could indicate that the cleaning staff didn't clean those places.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sobrien_GM, General Manager at One King West Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Maria S,

I’m glad to hear you were happy with our location and staff, but am sorry to hear you weren’t pleased with the suite you stayed in. Inconvenience caused is deeply regretted.

We value our reputation as a leading hotel in Toronto and guest satisfaction is really important to us. Your feedback is very useful in helping us to keep getting better. I would appreciate if you could email me directly at gm@onekingwest.com, as I would like to know more about your stay and the suite you stayed in.

I hope you will give us another chance to serve you better in the future. I'm sure that next time, we will provide you with a suite and an experience that exceeds, your expectations.

1,288 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Attended a wedding here and was disappointed. No washroom on wedding event floor. Staff at front desk not friendly. Valet was very good and they were very friendly. Bar staff at wedding very rude and not helpful. Bedrooms were average but did have lots of amenities ie washer, dryer, kitchenette, only two bath towels in washrooms. Location for tourists is excellent.

Room Tip: Don't stay on fifth floor if you are at a wedding - you will hear music all night
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear retiredmediator,

Thank you for your comments. I am very sorry to see that your recent stay was not a pleasant one. What you have described here is not indicative of what our guests have come to expect from us. I am disappointed to read that we failed to meet your expectations on a number of levels and for that, I apologize. Candid feedback like yours is invaluable to us and you can be sure that I take this quite seriously and will share this with our staff.

I hope you will give us another chance to serve you better in the future. Feel free to contact me directly at gm@onekingwest.com and I will be sure to take care of your reservation for you. I'm sure that next time, we will provide you with a suite and an experience that exceeds, your expectations.

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay. It was a clean place, a beautiful building. The downsides are that the pool might as well not be there, it is 3 feet deep and a little bigger than a king sized bed. Don't go to this hotel if you want to go swimming, not worth it. The other downside was how my boyfriend and I were treated when waiting in the lobby to check in. We received dirty looks and were repeatedly circled by security while at the lobby bar. I paid to be at this nice hotel, I don't appreciate being looked at as though I am a criminal or something because I'm not wearing expensive clothing.

Room Tip: try to be above the 10th floor for better view
Dear Sammybilk,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay but am very sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience in the lobby. What you have described here is certainly not indicative of what our guests have come to expect from us.

Candid feedback like yours is invaluable to us and you can be sure that I take this quite seriously and will share this with our staff. Inconvenience caused is deeply regretted.

Thank you for providing your review to the TripAdvisor community. Hopefully you will give One King West another chance in the future so that you can experience first hand why One King is one of Toronto's best.

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Before I start... I booked this hotel last minute through Expedia, and got a Superior Suite for a really good price. So I was on the 11th floor in a suite that had washer/dryer, a small dishwasher plus the little refrigerator, microwave oven and cook top. The bathroom had separate bathtub and shower stall and the room was really spacious, with a work table and a chaise longue, plus high ceiling. The hotel is centrally located in the heart of Old Town. So that is for the good aspects... The rate didn't include breakfast and the cheap parking was 1 block away. The parking at the hotel was only valet parking and cost $40/day. The Wi-Fi internet was paid too (~$10). I knew of the above while making the reservation so it didn't impact the experience.

The front counter staff was on the ball as we checked-in/out. The lobby and elevators are really beautiful.

Overall a very nice experience.

Room Tip: Based on the not-so-good reviews I read here, try to get a Superior Suite as that seems to be the ke...
Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Disappointed with this hotel like I said it is by no means anywhere close to a four star. I have had better service and rooms at three star hotels in Toronto. I think it would classify as a three star. We had problems with getting connected at least two hours before they got me on line and when the staff finally arrived they told me there is always a problem with my particular room because it is a corner room and cannot pick up the router in the hallway ceiling. Why if they are aware would they put me through what I went through. I won't even go into what or how long it took to get my wife a working hairdryer, Rooms are very small with a one hundred and fifty dollar fridge on your counter top in your kitchen. . I will never stay there again and if you want a four star trust me this is not one. The location is good the valet guys are great but after that it's all down hill and I have travelled to Toronto on business for the last twenty five years.

Room Tip: don't stay there
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
egangirl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I booked this hotel as a last minute consolation as my other hotel was fully booked for the extra night I needed. I was greeted straight away and the bell hop quickly assisted me with my luggage. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, well furnished and the bedding was excellent. I had a great experience and would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Westcliff-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

In a great location with easy access to the whole city with the metro just seconds away and some of the best attractions, views, sights and restaurants so close. I had lovely views over the Islands from my room on the 38th floor which were beautiful. Only downside to this hotel is that it is a little tired and dated, in terms of room decor, in-room technology and furnishings. That said it was clean and the staff on the whole very helpful. I stayed for 35 nights and the self contained suite made it a much more comfortable experience than it could have been in a standard room without all the 'home comfort' facilities . . . It's great to be able to do your washing!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to One King West Hotel & Residence? Share your experiences!