“Worth it!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of One King West Hotel & Residence

You added One King West Hotel & Residence to your Saves list
One King West Hotel & Residence
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5H 1A1, Canada (Downtown West)   |
Ranked #37 of 139 Hotels in Toronto
egangirl
“Worth it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I booked this hotel as a last minute consolation as my other hotel was fully booked for the extra night I needed. I was greeted straight away and the bell hop quickly assisted me with my luggage. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, well furnished and the bedding was excellent. I had a great experience and would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
Westcliff-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

In a great location with easy access to the whole city with the metro just seconds away and some of the best attractions, views, sights and restaurants so close. I had lovely views over the Islands from my room on the 38th floor which were beautiful. Only downside to this hotel is that it is a little tired and dated, in terms of room decor, in-room technology and furnishings. That said it was clean and the staff on the whole very helpful. I stayed for 35 nights and the self contained suite made it a much more comfortable experience than it could have been in a standard room without all the 'home comfort' facilities . . . It's great to be able to do your washing!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Every year, for a week, a crew of 9-11 members of my company show up to this hotel for a large conference in the Toronto area. As a group who does not need a parking spot (its one negative), we find this hotel perfect for our needs.

The Superior suite has a very comfortable bed, beautiful views (I always face the CN Tower), laundry and small kitchenette. Although not the newest technology on the market the room has a ton of space and all the amenities one travelling for work could handle.

Another great bonus is the reception/lounger area. Very convenient (could even be bigger) for a small group to have social drinks with other associates.

I will stay again 2014 and know my stay will be comfortable and without complication.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Hotel entrance is hidden. Not on the main street (King st.). Valet get full daily, if you want a spot have to check in earlier. Lobby is ok. Got a corner king room. Room include fridge, toaster, coffeemaker, washer and dryer and dishwasher which I am happy with. Other then that, carpets seems really dirty, bathroom very weird design and small. I'm a very small person and I found really hard to access. Don't know how a normal person can mive around it there. A/C Fan blowing air directly on top of your bed = right on hour face. TV Remote control so dirty, need to clean it right before I can turn on the tv. Yes, it's a very old tv but it works just fine.
The one main problem I had was the bathroom fan. I realize there's brown drops of dirty waters on top of the toilet after shower. I keep thinking how did it happen. Finally realize it came from the fan right above the toilet by the moisture in the air from the shower. So gross, but it shouldn't happen if you don't take a long hot shower like me. Overall hotel building is historical, but needs a lot more work to keep the room up to standard.

• Stayed July 2013
Sobrien_GM, General Manager at One King West Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear stawberies,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience at One King West.

I must say that I am extremely disappointed to hear that the quality of our rooms did not meet your standards. One King West has become one of the leading hotels in Toronto as a result of not only the excellent service our staff delivers but also for the above average guest room product. I will certainly check our records to see what room you were offered, so that we may address any deficiencies immediately.

Candid feedback like yours is invaluable to us and you can be sure that I take this quite seriously and will be sure to share it with our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and I am sure that next time, we will provide you with a suite and an experience that exceeds, your expectations.

Regards,
Steve O'Brien
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Great hotel, very stylish, clean and rooms had many amenities. The rooms came with a small fridge, microwave, stove, washer and dryer, king bed a couple additional seats. We went for the night didn't use the hotel much except to sleep but it was a great hotel and if I need to stay in Toronto I will use it every time. The only downside is the parking but I am sure it sucks anywhere in Toronto. Just use the valet it will save you tons of headaches. We stayed on the 11th floor, the view was into the side of another building but that wasn't important to us since we weren't in the room very long.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a great room stayed in the city view on the 5th floor in the superior suite, kitchenette was great had a mini dry and washer as well as a dish washer. Bathroom was a bit small, the technology in the room (tv, clock radio) were a bit outdated. Loved the character in the hotel and the history. Would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Superior Suites is the way to go.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We picked this Hotel for a weekend getaway and chose it's proximity to Rogers Centre. Not knowing much about Toronto I felt we lucked out! Location, location location! Not only could we walk to the Blue Jays game we walked to Eaton's Centre, the Hockey Hall of Fame is right across the street.We were able to do a lot of exploring in two short days.
The Hotel itself was very nice,our room had a lovely view. I always ask for a nice view if available and our check-in clerk had already given us a view room without asking. He also gave us directions and recommendations for restaurants that didn't disappoint.
My only issues was finding an ice machine,it was a bit of a hunt, there isn't one on every floor, and the Spa was under construction during our stay.
I will definitely choose One King West again, It's a lovely Hotel! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple