“Great property, well situated and very comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of One King West Hotel & Residence

Save Saved
You added One King West Hotel & Residence to your Saves list
One King West Hotel & Residence
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5H 1A1, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Ranked #39 of 141 hotels in Toronto
London
“Great property, well situated and very comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This property fits the bill in so many ways, staying in Toronto for a few days on business and judging by the breadth of clientele it is a popular destination for leisure travellers too. My only negative was that I was charged $10 a day for wi-fi which is extraordinary in today's hospitality providers. A small thing but it's verging on greedy these days to charge guests for something that will soon be free in city centres in almost every major city in the world. If there is a cost - and we all know there isn't - find a way to add it into the bill. (I should be writing about how good the rest of the experience was but this was the thing I remembered).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sobrien_GM, General Manager at One King West Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear PutneyP,

Thank you for allowing One King West to be your hotel of choice when in Toronto. We truly appreciate your support and recommendations. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the many services and amenities we have to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

1,296 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I booked the Austin Gallery for a workshop involving 25 people from across the country who travel to Toronto frequently. The hotel is close enough to the Gardiner, the GO and TTC so is very accessible, even though it's not as obvious to find as other Toronto hotels - by the way, that's a nice feature of this hotel. the Austin Gallery was perfect; a large, private room with three good sized rooms immediately off the gallery for break-out sessions. As part of the rental you also get to use the balcony that overlooks the gallery so you can move away from your working table for breakfast and lunch. The staff were wonderfully accomodating, the food was far superior to food we typically have at other Toronto-based hotel meetings, and the rooms were fabulous. Every room is a suite so you have a microwave, fridge, cooktop, and some dishes. They are larger than most Toronto hotel rooms and feel a little more like home. We went for dinner as a group down the street to Biff's Bistro, part of Oliver and Bonaccini chain, and were enchanted. Definately consider this for your next event or personal stay!

Room Tip: My 23rd floor room was facing south so I had a spectacular view and the height minimize the sound of...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sobrien_GM, General Manager at One King West Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Hobbes2220,

It is always a pleasure to hear such an encouraging feedback. I am sure the readers of TripAdvisor will find your comments as useful as we have.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at One King West, from the welcoming staff to the cozy, comfortable rooms that allow you to relax and enjoy your stay. For a business woman travelling alone, it is a delight to feel comfortable sitting by yourself and enjoying a delicious bite and glass of wine at Henri's Bar, the staff make your feel at home and are extremely pleasant to the weary patrons at the end of a busy day. The breakfast buffet is wonderful with a great selection and the staff are quick with the morning java! Thanks for making my stay away from home enjoyable.

Dear Bev,

I am glad that we were able to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Our service team works hard to ensure that we deliver the best guest service possible and it is always rewarding to hear that our efforts have been recognized and appreciated.

Thank you very much for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Booked a room with a jacuzzi for our wedding night. The initial booking was made over the phone and was booked for the wrong day. After contacting the hotel to fix the issue, the booking was changed to the appropriate date, with an upgraded suite and a much lower price. The suite was an extremely spacious 2 bedroom on the 45th floor, with a jacuzzi, balcony, and 180 degree views of the city. Thanks to the hotel for making our wedding night great!

Room Tip: The hotel has plan layouts for each room, so make sure to check online or ask beforehand if you need...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Alex E,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience at One King West Hotel & Residence. We are absolutely delighted that you chose to spend your wedding night with us. We are always eager to make our guests stays memorable and feel very privileged to be chosen for such a special occasion.

We are ecstatic that we were able to create a special experience for you on this special day and look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to One King West again in the future.

Oakville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

This is a great location and I was quite impressed with the conversion results. it was well appointed and our room was large and modern.

The problem became evident as the late night revellers returned to their rooms - the acoustics appeared to amplify their voices rather than muffle them.

With lots of other options at this price point, my next stay in the city will be elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Geof G,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am very sorry to hear that your fellow guest inconvenienced your stay with us. As you can appreciate, we do our very best to provide a quiet and enjoyable atmosphere, but sometimes it is very hard to control the actions of others. Inconvenience caused is deeply regretted.

I see that based on your recent experience, if given the chance you might not return to One King West. I certainly understand. However, it would be greatly appreciated if you would consider giving us a second chance to show you why One King West is one of the leading hotels in Toronto. Feel free to reach out to me directly at gm@onekingwest.com. I am confident that next time, we will provide you with a suite and an experience that exceeds, your expectations.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

St. John's, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in August 2012. We were very pleasantly surprised with the location and services within and near the hotel. I would think this is perfect for a business traveller-- there is a ilttle kitchenette in each room and internet seemed to work well for the most part. Morning breakfasts were very tasty. Service from the staff very good, and everything we needed was nearby.

One thing that guests should be aware of is that this is was converted from Apartments so the layout on the hotel room floors is a little strange. Also, parking is not great, fully to be expected given the location, but should be considered when planning a stay in downtown Toronto. In fact, be sure to check in advance with the hotel if you need parking as it is very much a premium in that area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Gamelanlover,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent stay experience at One King West Hotel & Residence. It is always rewarding to hear that our efforts are appreciated and I'm glad you had a great stay with us. As a visitor to the city, it's nice to know that almost everything Toronto has to offer is within walking distance from the hotel.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I arrived an hour early before check-in (I was told on the phone while booking that it shouldn't be a problem) and my room was not ready so I was told to come back at 3:00pm. After being on a train all morning, I just wanted to check into my room and relax. The good thing is that they do hold your bags for you. I came back at 3pm and went up to my room to find out that I booked a suite with a bathtub and shower combo and received the smaller suite with just the shower. The bathrooms are pretty small and located right next to the bed. The heater which is right next to the bed makes a lot of noise in the middle of the night and makes it hard to sleep. The TV's are the "box" style ones and are not HD - very outdated! Don't expect your room to be clean until after 2pm or until you make a call to the front desk which is disappointing.
The highlights of this hotel include: the view of the city or lake if you get a higher floor, the location to the underground PATH to the subway and train stations and the Eaton Centre.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sobrien_GM, General Manager at One King West Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Aubree25,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with the TripAdvisor community. What you have described is not indicative of what our guests have come to expect from us and I will be sure to address the issue with the appropriate managers. We do have mechanisms in place to monitor our level of service quality but sometimes they fall short, and for that I apologize.

Please contact me directly at gm@onekingwest.com as I would like to know about the suite you had stayed in. We do appreciate your invaluable feedback, as it helps us make constant improvements and serve our guests better.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Steve O'Brien

Been to One King West Hotel & Residence? Share your experiences!